What You Do to Me

Kiera's Point of View:

I gripped the harness keeping me in place, feeling Nikolai's helo take an abrupt dive down towards the ground to decrease altitude at a rapid pace. I knew we needed to fly under the radar ahead of time, but fuck did the gesture send my kidney into my foot. "You sure about this, Kiera?" Kate asked me, looking back at me from over her shoulder from inside the cockpit. No, I wasn't sure, but I didn't want to leave Kate to do it herself when she could need my help. I would live in a world of guilt if something had happened to her and I could've been there to prevent it. I couldn't help but feel selfish, knowing I was pregnant and still putting myself into a situation like this, knowing it wasn't fair to my growing baby as well as my twins and Baler at home, still saddened after finding out that I was leaving too.

But I made a promise. I was going to come home with my husband in tow as well as Johnny. They both needed to be around for the birth of their children, and I was going to make sure it was going to happen.

"I'm sure." I forced my reply. She saw my nervousness, but I knew she was confident in me.

"We're a mile out." Nikolai informed us.

"Don't get compromised. Dust off and go, we'll call you when we need you."

My knees popped when I jumped the short drop from the helo's platform, making me wince as it had been a hot minute since I needed to do it. I adjusted the fatigues against my figure, knowing that Kate and I would easily blend in with the rest of the soldiers within the base. We looked American, but we both could prove them wrong by speaking back to them in their language if they were to question us.

We both had a suppressed pistol on us, hoping that we didn't have to use it, but again, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The base was littered with both male and female soldiers. Kate warned me that they were shooting quick glances our way as they didn't recognize us and to keep my composure, but nobody had the nerve to stop us and confirm their suspicion. "Water to Yankee. We're eyes on the base, approaching now." Kate whispered into her comm.

"Copy Watcher, shit's about to get real with you two. Keep a low profile."

"When does shit ever get real when Kate and I are back at it?" I scoffed playfully before my brows rose in realization that I didn't remember switching channels to be between just the three of us. Fuck, I hope nobody else heard my voice. Surely not...

"Yes, it always goes smooth with you two," Nikolai chuckled in reply. "Yuri sent me his location. Arklov Administrative Building. Near the hangar. Look for a satellite dish on the roof."

"Copy. Dish on the roof."

"Yuri won't have much time before they notice he's gone."

"Quick and dirty, got it. Neither of us can afford to get compromised here. Watcher out."

We walked a couple of blocks before we found the administrative building, Kate hastily figuring out that we needed a security card to access the sliding doors. Fuck, this could get us compromised if we didn't do this right the first time. We stood near the front, talking amongst ourselves in their language, clear that I was still rusty, but I made it work. She offered me a cigarette before she realized that I was early in my pregnancy before she pulled it away. "Sorry. Keep forgetting."

"I did too for a second, don't worry."

"There's a Major leaving. Got a few stragglers with him. Bet he's got a card."

"Going for the big game still, I see," I arched my brow. "Need my help?"

"Always do, Kiera," She smiled at me. "Let's get after it."