Double Trouble

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Friday, February 3rd, 2023

"You excited, love?" Simon asked Kiera as he had been subtly grazing his fingers against her belly as he drove, not getting enough of the growing life inside of her, keeping the back of his fingers against her belly as her hand rested against his palm, his thumb rubbing against her bare ring finger, a smirk toying at the corner of his mouth as he was mentally imagining that perfect ring to compliment her finger.

"I am." She sighed, looking out the window as the expected rage of hormones drove her to a near depression, forcing herself to think that Simon was only giving her this much attention because of the baby, waiting for the day he decided to leave her once the baby was born, intentionally assuming that he wouldn't love her anymore - just like she felt she deserved.

"Doesn't sound like it," He huffed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just...nervous."

"You must think I don't know you. I can tell by that look in your eye that there's something you're not telling me."

"It's not worth knowing."

"If it concerns how you're feeling, then it's worth knowing."

She huffed, "It's stupid, Simon. I shouldn't even be thinking about it-"

"You know you can tell me anything, love."

"I'm afraid you'll lose your spark once you see my body change-"

"Stop," He cut her off by squeezing her hand. "You may think I won't love you because you'll have some more stretch marks? Worried you'll gain some extra weight? Be a little more emotional at times? If you think that's true, I can assure you it's not."

He frowned after hearing a whimper escape her lips, hating how he couldn't do anything to comfort her unless he were to pull over. "I just don't know what to think. I've always hated how I look-"

"Kiera, stop that bloody nonsense."

She leant her head back against the seat as she cried, hating herself even more for feeling so vulnerable, hating for him to see her cry. "I'm sorry, Simon," She whimpered, wiping the tears from her eyes. "It's all just so new to me - having someone who loves me and having something I've always wanted. I'm scared. I can't begin to tell you how terrified I am to just go to the bathroom and afraid of what I could see when I wipe, waking up in the middle of the night with intense cramps that're too early to be experiencing, all of it, Simon. I'm terrified of going to this appointment and not being able to hear a heartbeat. Not only would it shatter me, but I worry about it shattering you. I'm afraid that you'd leave because I couldn't give you what you want."