Frozen Tundra

Simon's Point of View:

Price and Kyle received valuable intel on their last hit. A Konni leader who went by "Nolan." By what Kyle told us, he's less talkative than he was before once he didn't give out anything during interrogation, but we weren't at a total loss. One less piece of shit on this planet who was too stupid to put a security code on the burner phone he carried around. "More of the silent type, now." Price explained, and I could hear his smirk through the comm as we were suddenly briefed once Laswell had contacted Kiera.

"They're at war with the world, that's for sure."

"He's got blind faith in Makarov."

"Makarov needs him. Kiera gained access to Nolan's phone – has been contacting him non-stop. He knows something's wrong."

"You two intercepted their comms?" Kyle asked with excitement.

You're bloody right they did, Sergeant. These two can do some damage together.

"Affirmative. Nolan got quiet, but his radio and phone speak volumes." Kiera answered with confidence, her eyes scanning back and forth along the laptop screen as she was working faster than anything I'd ever seen. When we had met, she had her boots on the ground while Laswell did most of the "behind the scenes" work, and I had no idea that Kiera was just as good at it until I watched her do it. She could intercept almost anything, and I was grateful that she had a good heart and soul to use her skills for good, not for evil.

Because a part of me knew that if that was the case, she could have been an enemy to us that we couldn't gain control of.

"What do we know?"

"They're delivering someone or something to an abandoned Soviet Prison complex."

"Where?"

"Siberia." Kiera informed them, jotting down a few words onto her notepad that sat next to her laptop. They looked more like symbols instead of words, and I knew that she did this purposely as her handwriting was neat and immaculate as well as elegant. But when on duty, she wrote in her own "code" that only she and Laswell understood, which made sense as a piece of paper could easily get lost and fall into the wrong hands, compromising everyone.

"When?"

"Tomorrow."

"This is our shot at Makarov!"

"There's no guarantees that he's there, Cap."

"I'll take that chance."

"I knew you would, John. Nik can get you in and out."

"Rog. I want everyone in on this, including Farah. Next to Ghost, she's the best sniper I know."

"I'll arrange for Nik to pick her up along the way. I'll leave with Soap and Ghost on the helo to pick her up and we'll relay with you at a location Laswell approves."

"We'll need C4 and dry gear."

"We're getting wet? Oh, this is going to be fun." Johnny snickered, and I could see the excitement on his face.

"So is Makarov, Soap. The only difference is that we're prepared for the frozen tundra."

After we were briefed, I could see an excited smirk on Kiera's face, and I didn't like it. I didn't want her to be excited about this – about being involved on a mission that could take all of our lives. I needed to know what she was thinking about. "Any word on Graves and Ben?"

"Graves hasn't reported back to me in over six hours. The movement on the abandoned tarmac in Urzikstan was suddenly gone. Ben is with Alex for the time being."