Ain't Gonna Drown

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Simon watched as Kiera put herself into her mindset, feeling as if he literally watched her flip the switch to the soldier he was familiar with. 

Her eyes didn't hold that familiar glow anymore. They were cold like his, ready to fight anyone in her path. Atta girl, love, he thought, smirking at her as the plane was landing. He was scared for her, their relationship progressing in the time they had spent together between, and afraid it was about to come to an end. He knew he had to set those feelings for her aside as he couldn't physically handle the thought of losing her. He knew it was a risk, but he'd be damned if that was a risk he was willing to take if it meant coming home to her. Taking a deep breath, he covered his face in that balaclava he loved so much to diffuse the Simon Kiera knew, but not for long.

He was Ghost.

Unbeknownst to her and Alejandro's team, Price and Gaz had been detained by Shadow Company just outside of Las Almas - their comms being taken from them as well as their weapons when they had first arrived after being tasked by Laswell after her findings. 

They were his prisoners.

"Señora! So nice to see you." Alejandro smiled, greeting her with a friendly, brother-like hug as he and one of his men along with Soap walked along with him as they had been on a perimeter run outside of his base, getting to the gate just in time to shield themselves from the falling rain that was coming.

"Ghost! So nice to see you, Hermano." Soap nodded at his comrade, reaching out to shake his hand, a playful smirk smearing on his lips as if he was teasing Ghost about spending the brief holiday with Kiera.

"Likewise, mate." 

"You too, Alejandro," She smiled. "Where's Graves?"

"He and Captain Price went out on reconnaissance with the Sergeant. Said he got a tip about Hassan."

"I'm sure he fucking did," She scoffed, winning a confused glance from Alejandro. "We need to find him."

"Why? What's wrong? -"

Just as Kiera was going to reply, three Jeeps in a convoy-style line stopped at the access point, two of his men standing on point by the entry as if they were guarding it after relieving themselves from the first Jeep. "What the hell?" Alejandro scoffed, walking up to Graves as he exited the vehicle, seeing he was armed. "What's this?"

"This is the immediate future," Graves replied, looking at the returning team before locking his eyes with Kiera. Gotcha. "Step away from the gate."

Kiera didn't like feeling of being surrounded by Graves and his men. She knew what was going to happen after seeing the somewhat satisfying gleam in his eye when he looked at her. Naturally, Ghost stepped closer to her, now standing behind her as he didn't like how one of Graves' men got too close.