Mr. and Mrs. Simon Riley - Part 1

October 24th

"I don't like this, love." Simon huffed, his hands resting on Kiera's hips as she moved towards the front door, Evie on her hip and an overnight bag on her shoulder. 

"Babe, I'll just be at Kristen's house for the night. You know it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding!" She giggled. "You have everything you need for Jacob and I'm sure Baler will keep you company." 

"I've been used to bad luck, love," He chuckled. "I don't like when you're not home for the night." 

"You know where Kristen lives," She giggled. "I'll call you when I'm there and I'll call you in the morning to wake you up so that you can be at the place on time. Can't have a groom late to his own wedding." 

He sighed heavily through his nose, knowing that his bargaining wasn't in his favor. "I'd hope you will. Just please, no at-home strippers. I've heard stories of bachelorette parties-"

Kiera scoffed, "You really think I'd do that?"

"No."

"That's what I thought," She arched her brow playfully. "I better get going - I wouldn't want to leave here after midnight since it'll be our wedding day-"

"-And it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding," He repeated with a roll of his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." 

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Riley." 

He smirked, "That you will. Enjoy your last night of being a Dutton, because come tomorrow, you're all mine." 

"Getting married doesn't prove that I've been yours since day one, babe." She smiled, leaning against him to close the gap between the two, rewarding him with a kiss before he walked her out of the door and towards her truck. 

"I'm not going to sleep tonight." He admitted, holding the driver side door open for her while she secured Evie in the backseat. 

"I don't think I will either. I'm too excited!" 

"Me too, love," He smiled, again closing the distance and placing a kiss to her lips, nearly having her pinned against the truck. "I love you." 

"I love you too." 

*

October 25th

"Dad! Wake up! Your phone is ringing!" Baler chimed from behind the couch, his voice jolting Simon awake once he had heard his phone ringing. Frantically, he searched for it, finding it under one of the couch pillows. 

It was Eva. 

"Hello?" He groaned, his voice strained with sleep. 

"Good morning, sweetheart! Happy wedding day! Are you ready for breakfast?" 

"I'll meet you at the lodge. I overslept-"

"I know you did," She giggled. "Why'd you think Kiera told me to call you in the morning?"

"I don't doubt it," He chuckled. "I'll meet you in a few minutes." 

"I'll be here, sweetheart! I'm so excited!" 

"You and me both."

*

"So, are you excited for your honeymoon?" Eva smiled, setting a plate of breakfast in front of him, making his favorite English breakfast. Simple, yet one enough that she had to do research on prior to making it.

"Still according to plan, but me and Kiera were talking about a week ago about it and if we need to, we'll plan to go next year-"

"No, you and Kiera deserve a nice honeymoon," Eva stopped him. "I know our family has had some unfortunate circumstances, but I'm still happy to watch the children while you two are away." 

"Are you sure? They can be a lot to handle now that they're over a year old." 

"Sweetheart, you must be forgetting I'm the mother of your wife. If I can handle her and her siblings, I can assure you that your children will not be a problem. Besides, I'll have Baler to help me when he gets home from school," She assured him. "And if I'm honest, I'm beyond excited for it! Your children keep my mind busy!" 

"They'll definitely keep you busy," Simon huffed. "Although they're not as bad when they're separated, but when they're in the same room it's like they feed off of each other." He chuckled. 

"I need to stay busy," She sighed. "Kiera told me this morning that Evie was fussy when she got her up. I just hope she takes a nice nap before the wedding!" 

"She hasn't said a word to me yet." Simon chuckled, swallowing his bite of breakfast. 

"She probably won't until the ceremony," Eva giggled. "It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding you know!"

"I've been informed, but talking to her? I don't see the issue."

"I know, but she has been busy all day so far. The photographer wanted to take photos of her in her dress before you got there. Are you going to do a first look before the wedding?"

"I thought you just said it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding?" He teased.

"Well, technically it's right before the wedding. For pictures and such." 

"I know," He smirked. "I'd like to so I can get my tears out of the way, but I know I'll end up shedding some regardless. I asked her about it, but she wanted to keep it a surprise and do a first look for the groomsmen for pictures. We're going to say our vows in private and do a private dance." 

"Sweetheart," Eva smiled. "That's perfect. I'm going to cry like a little baby. She asked me to walk her down the aisle since she doesn't have her father."

"Believe me, she broke my heart when she told me that. She asked me if Price should walk her down the aisle or her own mother." 

"She asked me about that too. Price and Kyle are already at the venue helping her with decorating. Your friend Alejandro called me and said he'd be here in about an hour. His flight was delayed by an hour." 

"Thank God," He sighed. "He's one of the groomsmen!" 

"Him and Rudy both! Soap tells me that you didn't want a best man." 

"I didn't want a single best man. I wanted all of them to be my best man, because they are."

"That's so sweet, Simon!"

"Yeah, I told them to not get used to me being sentimental," He chuckled. "That's why Kiera and I are saying our vows and dance in private. I'm only sentimental for her, her family, and our children." 

"Well, you and I both know you're lying to yourself. You love those guys like your brothers!" 

"Can't tell a lie around you, Mrs. Dutton."