Intertwine

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Tensions were running high between every person on the ranch, various arguments about both little and big things as Kiera spent most of her days on countless phone calls between her and Laswell as well as spending most hours behind her computer sc...

Tensions were running high between every person on the ranch, various arguments about both little and big things as Kiera spent most of her days on countless phone calls between her and Laswell as well as spending most hours behind her computer screen. 

Deciding to take a break, Kiera shut the lid to her laptop to meet Simon in the kitchen as it became the only time they had together lately, and they both didn't like it. 

"What's on the books for today, love?" Simon asked, taking a sip of hot tea from his mug, handing her a mug of coffee that he knew she needed, noticing that she hadn't taken a drag from her vape pen in a couple of days. I hope it stays that way.

She sighed, "The same thing that I've been doing for the last two days." 

"Anything new?" 

"No, but it's not good news for Alejandro. I know he's been putting a lot of pressure on me right now and I don't blame him." 

"I know." 

"With that glare he's been shooting at me, I can't help but conclude that it's my fault." 

"No, it's not. He's under a lot of stress. He only put the blame on you because it happened on your ranch."

"That's exactly why it's my fault. I should've never brought them here with an enemy on our backs." 

"You didn't know it was going to happen, love," Simon sighed. "This is your home, not your battlefield." 

"And as long as Shepherd is still alive, this is all it's going to be."

Simon sighed, setting his plate aside after finishing his breakfast, "Would you like to accompany me for a walk?" 

"A walk?"