Devil's Deal

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

The following morning, each of the soldiers running on fumes and no rest, entered the shipping container used as a makeshift interrogation room behind Graves, who had been gripping Valeria along with him before forcing her into the chair. Ghost stood in the shadows, hidden away like he always liked, watching the interrogation before him. Kiera stood alongside Alejandro while Soap and Rudolfo leant against the wall on either side, Soap's arms crossed over his chest as he watched. 

Valeria chuckled, "Ah, señora, nice fight back there." She taunted at Kiera, looking at her face in the natural sunlight coming from the window. 

"Yeah? Well, I can't say the same about you." She retorted. 

"Alright, how do you two know each other?" Graves asked Alejandro, pointing.

"Know is a strong word." 

"Las palabras fuertes son importantes. Nuestra palabra es nuestro valor, verdad? (Strong words are important. Our word is our worth, right?)" Valeria taunted at him.

"Vete al infierno, hijo de puta! Te mataré! (Go to hell, you son of a bitch. I'll fucking kill you!)" Alejandro shouted, raging toward her, both Soap and Rodolfo were quick to stop the man in his fit of rage. 

"Alejandro!" 

"Cálmese, comandante. (Calm down, Commander.)" 

"Yeah? Yeah?!" He scoffed, walking away briefly before turning around to face Valeria. "Vamos, tell them." 

"I don't take orders anymore. Even the dogs in Las Almas know not to bark at me." 

"She's ex-military. We served together."

"Different squads, same unit," Valeria stated, leaning back in her chair and draping her arm over the back of it. "You were the wild ones, huh? Los Vaqueros." 

Alejandro smiled. 

"My squad was clean cut señores y señoras." 

"Until the raid on the son of La Araña. Te acuerdas? (Do you remember?)"

"Recuerdo perfecto. (I remember perfect)."

"Her team was told to cordon off the city to keep out La Araña's enforcers and prevent the bloodshed." 

"That's exactly what we did."

"Well, you kept out his enforcers, because you were his enforcers, huh?"

"He was escorted to the mountains without incident. Also to prevent bloodshed." She smirked, mocking Alejandro.

"He was supposed to go to prison." Rodolfo commented. 

"So, you killed him, and you took over," Graves said, putting his hand on her shoulder to put her back into her chair. "Why?" 

"I created a power vacuum and filled it. Las Almas needs me."