clingy

You have been dealing with a cold since last night. And this morning, you were feeling just as poorly as you were last night. Auli'i had an off day today but you did not have the energy to get out of bed. So you just laid there, while she got up and started her day— it was after noon when you both woke up, but all you did was get up to use the bathroom while she was already up and about.

"Y/N. What do you want for lunch? I'll order in." She reenters the room.

"I dunno." You shrug, "I still feel kinda shitty."

"I'm so sorry." Auli'i sulked, "How about your favourite dish from the diner?"

"They don't do delivery, do they?"

"But I can still go out and grab that for you." She smiled, "It's right down the street."

"Okay." You nod, smiling back at her sleepily. She stops in front of you and felt your forehead, "Good, no fever. I'll go get you some meds for your cough and runny nose."

"Can you sit with me later?"

"I'll do you one better- I'll give you cuddles."

"Yay." She sniffled, grabbing a tissue from the nightstand.

~~ • ~~

And so...after Auli'i has had her lunch, she went ahead with that Zoom interview she's had lined up. You hid yourself in the bedroom with the door close, trying so desperately to not cough that loudly lest they could hear you on the call.

You must've fallen asleep. Because the next thing you remember was Auli'i waking you up.

"Hey. I think your fever's went down some, so that's great." She stroked your cheek, smiling at you sweetly. You nod, propping yourself to sit up, "Your interview...it's done? I didn't interrupt you too badly did I?"

"It's done, don't worry." She assures you, "I'm just glad your fever's gone down and that you've had some food." From your peripheral vision, you see Rocco walking into your shared bedroom. "Yeah." You smiled a little, "I'm glad I could stomach some food. Hey, um. Could you pick Rocco up?" "Oh, sure." She beamed, realising the cat was now in your room. "Hi." She said airily while picking the feline up from the floor.

Funny thing was, you two were both allergic to cats. But you loved Rocco to bits, anyway. She notices that your cup was empty, "I'll go get you something to drink. Be right back."

Despite feeling under the weather, you were thankful it wasn't anything serious and that you were starting to feel a little better. When she returned, you held out your arms. She giggles at your actions but went with it gladly, sitting right next to you with her arm carefully snaked around your waist. "Babe, I gotta use the restroom." She said sheepishly. You held her tighter in response. "Damn. Baby, the bathroom's right here." She glances at you, "You're not gonna let me go?"

You shook your head.

"Not that I'm complaining, because I haven't properly seen you for a month since I was filming...but unless you want me to have an accident right here, I gotta go."

Your grip loosens as you tried not to grin. "Thanks, my love." She said, hurrying to the ensuite bathroom about 10 feet away. Rocco laid in the spot beside you while you waited. You stretched out your arm to reach for the iPad on the foot of the bed but gave up, getting the TV remote from the nightstand instead. Hearing a flush, Auli'i was back right by your side soon enough. "Can't decide what to watch?" She asks knowingly while crawling under the covers again with you as you turn the TV on.

Somehow, you decided on Just Go With It. But the movie ended up being more of a background noise after a half hour while the two of you cuddled and talked for a little while. "I love you." You spoke while glancing up at her. "I love you, my sweet girl." Auli'i replies softly while combing a hand through your hair, "So much."

~~ • ~~

Unedited. Published: Monday, 13 February 2023