she proposes to you at a concert

"Are you serious?!" You squealed, "We're really going to the concert?"

"Mhm. We're leaving in a few hours." She smiled, her gaze on you was loving as she handed the tickets over to you.

"Oh, I don't know what to wear, Auli'i." You analysed the tickets as you responded.

"I've an idea. How about your favourite little black dress?"

"Ooh! Yeah, I'll wear that."

You checked your closet for your outfit while Auli'i finished packing the snacks for the both of you to have while queueing later on. After that, she picks out an outfit with your help- a white crop top and a pair of flared jeans with a black belt.

"Why are we going so early?"

"It's good to be early." She replies, peeking into her bag to make sure she's got everything.

It hadn't even been a full hour since she surprised you with the tickets and she was more than ready to get you into the car. "Maybe you'll be front row." She added on. "Oh, right." Your eyes widen for a moment then you were headed for her car. She unlocks the door and you swiftly got into the passenger seat in the front.

In the car, Auli'i puts on the artist's Spotify profile on shuffle and just sang along to every single song with you. You were already having best time.

— • —

"That...is the VIP queue." You realised, "Auli'i, what did you do?"

"Go on." She gently pushed you on the low of your back to move forward. You did, but kept your eyes on her, "Auli'i, are you serious?"

"Oh, very." She nodded, hiding the biggest grin. Auli'i lets the staff check the tickets and VIP pass purchase email. "Go right on in." The staff gestured towards the entrance of the venue.

"This early?"

"Come on." She took you by your wrist and leads you into the venue, "We're the tenth in the queue, babe. I think we're right on time."

"Why didn't you warn me about this? I feel like my heart's gonna fall out of my chest." You muttered, "I've listened to his music since I was fourteen and you just decided to drop this big news on me, oh my God."

"Deep breaths." She reminded, "In and out, baby."

"I'm doing just that, Auli'i." You nodded slowly, joining another queue once inside the hall. "Is this all? I honestly am not going to be doing very well if there's more."

She nods, "Yeah." Smooching your cheek, she sneaks an arm around your waist. The line for a photo op moved pretty quickly. It was your turn before you could fully process what was going on. "I'm right behind you, go ahead." Auli'i nudged you, her phone was all ready and recording your whole 'meeting' with your favourite singer.

"Hi, how are you?" He greeted you with a hug.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good. I heard it's your birthday today, so...happy birthday!"

"Thanks." A managed to say.

Now you were just glad that you had somewhat composed yourself and could talk to him. He puts an arm around you and a peace sign up with his free hand, posing for a few photos. "I just wanna thank you for your music. I've been a fan since I was in high school and now I'm going to college in a few months."

"Damn, that's crazy. Thank you so much for sticking by me for so long." He responded with slightly wide eyes, "I really appreciate the support...Y/N?"

"How come you know my name?"