everybody wants you [2] • requested

With graduation being a mere few weeks away, some fellow seniors decided to throw a party for the graduating class tonight. You were looking forward to it before the fiasco at lunch went down. Auli'i once again convinced you to go after all. You decided against a shower to avoid the stinging pain at your injury sites for now and went ahead to pick out an outfit.

Sifting through your options, you settled on a navy blue pair of striped flare-legged pants and a form-fitting black long sleeve top. You didn't want to show the nasty cuts and bruises on your limbs.

You did however contemplate doing your make up because you did not want any attention. "Oh, screw it. I'm not gonna do my makeup." Once you've settled down, you started to do some reading on the couch to pass time. It wasn't long before you had to get ready. After changing into your outfit, you put your hair up with a matching claw clip. Spritzing some perfume, you heard a buzz from your phone on your vanity.

You grab your purse and head out the door to wait for her

You grab your purse and head out the door to wait for her. Meanwhile, sending a text to your mom and dad to let them know you'd be home a little later that night.

You see her car stop right by you and before you could reach out to open the door, she comes running to open it for you. "Thank you."

"No problem. Be careful."

During the ride, she lets you take control of the music. She could tell you were hesitant but urged you to. "Okay, okay." You laugh over your words, carefully holding her iPhone in your hand as you stared at her Spotify playlists.

"Anything you want."

An idea popped into your head as your pointer finger hovers over the search bar. Her voice was immediately heard through the car speakers. She laughs, then you could feel her gaze on you for a second or so. "You like this song?"

"Yes. It's calming. I listen to it to go to sleep."

"Are you trying to go to sleep right now?" She gasps over-exaggeratedly.

You burst into a laughing fit, "No! I just felt like listening to it."

"Okay." She answers in a singsongy tone. Silence fell again but it wasn't for long. Because she started to sing along. You wouldn't admit it to her but her voice was absolutely beautiful. This song felt like a big, warm hug.

By complete coincidence, 'How Far I'll Go' comes on after 'Feels Like Home' and her little karaoke moment continues. But, you join in this time, to her surprise. She looks shocked for a moment but recomposed herself. The song ends with the two of you in a giggling fit. You were in fact almost in tears from how hard you were laughing. You didn't even know what you were laughing about.

— • —

"I think this is it." Auli'i stops the car. "Holy crap, this house is huge." You realise where you'd stopped. Auli'i turns off the ignition then was quickly at your side once again. "I can do it myself, you know."