kiss me • requested

"Hm?" You hummed in response, closing the magazine in your hands, "Sorry, you were saying?"

"I was asking if you wanted to take a drive to the place we like, for breakfast." She laughs, looking at you.

"Oh, yeah, definitely." You agreed, "Haven't been there in awhile."

"Are you okay?" She asks, worried, "You seem a little distracted."

You scoffed, "Yeah, I'm trying to distract myself from this ass of a backache I've been having for the last two days."

"Then we definitely have to go for breakfast there. Come on, let's go." She took you by the hand and pulled you up from the couch.

"Give me a few minutes, yeah? I'd better change out of my pjs."

"Sure, babe." She smooches you on the cheek, letting go of your hand, "Take your time."

After getting changed into a more presentable outfit so you felt more put together, you two got into Auli'i's car and she drives to the breakfast place.

Lucky for you, there wasn't a line so you guys got seated barely a couple of minutes later— a line did form as you two were getting seated in a booth. Auli'i was holding onto your hand as you both each looked through your menus to decide what to order. After a little bit, Auli'i shuts the menu in front of her and brought your hand up to her lips, giving it a soft kiss on the back. You smiled, pondering over your choice of food for a final few seconds before shutting the menu as well.

You ordered, then she did. Thanking the waiter, he departs, the both of you alone again. She hasn't let go of your hand yet, and you definitely weren't in a hurry to let go. She's been in Jersey for the last three months or so filming for Mean Girls and you've only got to see her a couple times during which. You missed this, you missed her. "What?" She asks, biting back a grin as she smoothed her thumb over your knuckles.

You snapped out of your trance, gaze that was fixated on the teal ends of her hair, now on her eyes. Oh, how sparkly they seem to be.

"Nothing." You promised, "Just looking at your hair."

Auli'i chuckles, letting go of your hand so she could take a sip of the water. You sulked, she noticed. "Alright." She couldn't help it but laugh a little at your expression, then held onto your hand again.

"Hey." You said, "What'd you take from set?"

"Oh, I took some pants." She tells you, "They were tailored to me, so who else better to wear it than myself?"

"Which ones?"

She squints at you, "Honey, you know you can just wear them if you like them, right?"

"I know." You averted your eyes for a beat, "I just— liked the way a certain pair looked on you more than the others."

"Oh." She smirked, "Missed me, a lot haven't you?"

"Shut up, you know I did. You were gone three months and I saw you what, only three times in person?" Your cheeks flushed a deep red, causing you to bury your face in your hands.

"Well, I'm back now and it'll be awhile before I have work again, so I'm all yours, babe." She says, raising her brows, cheeky grin on her face.

"God, I want to kiss you so bad."

"Then do it, kiss me." She smiled, that playful look evident in her eyes, tempting you. You were about to lean in just to give her peck on the lips but in the corner of your eye, you spot a familiar face. Then she locked eyes with you. And then, Auli'i's phone rang.