kid in love • requested

I know that we just met
Maybe this is dumb
But it feels like there was something from the moment that we touched

"Hi!"

"Hello!" She greets you with a big smile, instantly warming you up in the chilly winter evening.

"I just want to say...you did such an amazing job tonight."

"Oh, thank you so much! Thank you too, for coming to the show tonight. I'm so glad you enjoyed it."

"Gosh, I've been a fan since...the beginning and I've always wanted to visit this city. The timing was perfect."

"Oh, it's your first time in New York?! Have the best time here. There's so many great places to see and food to try."

You nod, "I already have a few places I wanna go try on my itinerary. I've got to make this 17-hour flight even more worth while."

"Seventeen hours?" She gasps, eyes wide, "Wow. Do you want me to sign the Playbill?"

"Oh!" You remembered the marker and Playbill you held in your hands when she brought it up. "Yes, please."

She reached a hand out so you hand them over to her. She puts it against the wall to sign it. "I just want to thank you for introducing me to Polynesian culture. It's been so interesting learning about them. It's so important."

"Do you know how to speak Hawaiian?" She asks while writing something on your Playbill.

"Just a teensy bit. I've been learning on Duolingo but it's quite tricky."

"Well, thank you for keeping an open mind to learn more. I admire the effort." She smiled, "How do I spell your name?"

You spell it out for her and you see her write more stuff on the cover page.

"Here you go." She gives you your marker and playbill back, "Wanna take some pictures?"

"Yeah." Your phone was already in the camera app- you two took a few selfies, then she spots your friend. She asks if your friend would help you take a proper photo with her. Your friend does, then quickly got their own pictures with her.

"Enjoy the rest of your trip, okay?"

What happened next, you ask? She pulls you in for a hug. You must've blacked or something because you could barely hear what she was saying to you.

"It was great meeting you, Y/N. Thank you for all your support. Have a good night! You too, Y/N's friend."

'Cause it's alright, it's alright
I wanna make you mine
The way you're lighting up the room

"You too, Auli'i. Thank you." With a smile, you turned to leave with your friend. As you walked further away, you turned your head to take one last look at her. That endearing smile of hers.

Caught the corner of my eye
We can both sneak out the back door
We don't have to say goodbye
'Cause it's alright, it's alright
To waste time tonight
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby

"Are you okay?" A muffled voice asks. You blinked furiously, as though to make yourself focus. "Yeah. I'm great." You nodded in confirmation, "Just- trying to process what just happened- that's all." "Dude, this is so awesome. I'm so happy for you." Your friend says. "Thanks." You reply, swallowing thickly trying to avoid crying. It's finally hit you like a ton of bricks that it's happened- you met Auli'i. You had a whole conversation with her and got to give her a hug. After years of dreaming and months of saving up and planning? It happened.