goodbye, goodbye, goodbye • requested

warnings: mature themes, mentions and descriptions of terminal illness and death

————

Inspired by:
"Heaven's not ready for you; every part of my aching heart needs you more than the angels do"

— Joanne, Lady Gaga

————

"Hello, love!" Auli'i grins, holding up her little digital camera to record you, "Where are we at, baby?"

"Hi." You chuckled, smile mirroring hers, "We...are at Disney World. Because they have a new ride and you were invited."

"We were invited."

"Yeah, well...you're the Disney Princess. I'm just tagging along, babe."

She laughs, "We're gonna have so much fun today."

"Yes, we are." You nodded eagerly.

The smile doesn't leave her face, "Let's get dressed, and get our day started, yeah?"

You've been together with Auli'i for about five years now and for the last three, thanks to her best friend's hobby of vlogging, you've started to pick that up— capturing little moments of your days, be it a mundane night-in or a slightly more exciting trip to wherever the job takes her or your hearts desire. You usually were the one recording, and she was okay with it because they were just little glimpses of your day. But sometimes, she was the one to pick up your camera to record, also having the same habit as you did over time. You were beyond lucky, not having to worry about too much of how to afford them. Because she never let you, in her own words, she was 'making bank' and was able to let you both experience and explore so much of the world together.

~~~~

"Babe, look!" You gasp, grabbing her wrist, "It's you!"

"Aw, it is me." She smiles, it was evident that she was, despite not showing her face on camera at the moment, "You guys. That's me. That's Moana. She looks great. Oh, my God, should we get it?"

"Oh, we should!" You gasped, excited, "It's the last one?"

"It's the last one here. They might have more in the back if you guys want to choose." The tour guide confirms.

"It's okay. This one looks good, we'll just take this one." Auli'i decided.

~~~~

"You guys— we're homeeee." Auli'i squeals, "Today is day one is Hawai'i and we are super excited. It is so beautiful here, this place never fails to amaze me."

The flips the camera around to record you, "And that's y/n. Still being all pouty about being woken up early. Good morning, baby."

You glared at the camera, sulking, but soon started to laugh. "Good morning, you."

"Come onnnnn, we're in Hawai'i." She zooms in on your face, grinning, "I'll make it up to you later."

"You said nine-thirty."

"It is nine-thirty." She says.

"No, it's not." You said.

It was 9:27, so, close enough. You were just trying to be a little playful with her.

"I'll make it up to you~" She repeated herself.

You pull the blanket off your body and got out of bed to take a look out the balcony. You walk up to Auli'i, she pressed a kiss to your cheek. "Hi."