pink day! [1]

"Go with me, Y/N."

"Why?"

"Because you've been looking forward to the movie since I told you about it." She says, keeping as still as possible so her makeup could be done.

"You really want me there?"

"Why would I not want you there?"

"Probably because I'm nobody and would rather stay that way than have every little thing about me scrutinised."

"I'd love to have your company, but if you want to stay home, please just stay home. I don't want to be forcing you to do something you don't wanna do."

"Okay, be safe, babe. I-"

Your obnoxious alarm startled you awake as you annoyedly turned it off after rolling over onto your side. Sighing, you got dressed and washed up for the day. After breakfast, you were on your way to your shift at a coffee shop in your neighbourhood. "Y/N! Take the counter for me. I gotta take five." Your coworker spotted you walk through door. You quickly clocked in and did as she said. "Thanks, Y/N." She beamed. "No problem, Quinn." You answered flatly, standing behind the counter directly. A customer walks in and you put on your best 'customer service' face and welcomed them.

Well, as for Quinn, she definitely disappeared for more than five minutes. You were basically on your own, taking orders and making drink for at least a good half hour before another one of your coworkers clocked in for his shift. "Y/N, hey! Where's Quinn? Why are you alone?"

"Hi, Chris." You waved slightly, "Quinn said she wanted to take five, but it's been thirty."

"Well, that's mean." Chris answered, his eyes slightly widened, "Do you wanna take a minute? I got this, it's fine."

"No way, I'm not gonna leave you here alone." You declined while feeling your phone buzzing in your pocket.

"I'll go check the back and she where she is. I'll be back in a sec." Chris says while tying his apron. He jogs to the break room to take a peek. Your eyes panned across the establishment and there was currently not a crowd so you took a minute to yourself and checked your phone. Scrolling through your notifications, one particular notification caught your attention immediately.

[Mean Girls Premiere NYC] Right at the top. 'Congratulations, Y/N! You and one lucky person are going to New York City for the premiere of the new Mean Girls movie...'

"Holy shit!" You whispered to yourself. But of course, since the place was currently empty, Chris heard you. "Are you okay?"

"Um- yeah. Yeah, I just um- won a giveaway to go to New York for the premiere of the new Mean Girls movie." You explained, "I'm fine."

"Oh, my God. I'm so happy for you!" Chris gasped, "Wait- did you just get notified? I joined that too but I didn't hear anything."

"I've got no one to go with...would you wanna go with me?" You asked.

— • —

"Why are you going with her?" Quinn asked.

"What do you mean? She offered." Chris squinted at her.

"Y/N!" She glares at you, "I thought I would be going with you."

You've had it, you weren't going to be a pushover anymore, especially not right now. You weren't about to go to such an exciting event with someone who didn't give a damn about you.

"Well. You thought wrong. I never once even thought about going to the most important event of my life with you. You boss me around all the time and expect me to do your work for you, while you nap in the break room." You huffed, "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my break. Chris, it's 1:30 now. I'll be back by 2:15."