your love's like [1] • requested

"Babe, wake up."

"Nooo." Auli'i whines, pushing the sides of her pillow up covering her ears.

"We have to leave for the airport in a few hours." You remind her in singsong voice. "We're going to Tahiti."

"We are?!" She gasps playfully, laughing over her words- the sleep was still evident in her voice.

"Mhm." You smooch her on the lips, "T-minus five hours."

"I love that you're so excited." She chuckles, cupping your cheek. Auli'i then pushes the covers off and went to wash up. You do the same, joining her in the bathroom.

Your bags were all packed, and Rocco was gonna be staying with a friend for the duration of your trip. You were just up a little earlier than expected because you were so excited- you and Auli'i have been dreaming about these trips since you were sophomores in high school. The two of you promised each other to finally take this trip after graduating from college. So, that day was finally here.

Auli'i made the both of you breakfast while you made the tea. Rocco was walking around the place for a bit, then snuggled up against your leg for some reason. "Hey, bud." You laugh at the brief ticklish feeling of his fur. "While bagels are toasting, I'm gonna go feed him real quick."

"Yeah, go ahead. I'm just about to get the tea bags. Which one do you want?"

"Um, green tea." She decides, getting Roccos food ready at the other side of the kitchen.

"Okay." You plop one green tea bag into a mug then one earl grey for yourself.

You didn't want to do anything complicated for breakfast since you just weren't in the mood to do clean up afterwards. As a result, Auli'i went ahead and simply toasted two bagels for you both to have with cream cheese and jam. Well, along with a mug of tea each. After breakfast, you made your way to your friend's place with Auli'i to drop Rocco off.

"Thanks for watching him, Luanne." You say as Auli'i handed your friend the carrier that Rocco was in to her.

"No problem. Have fun, you lovebirds." Luanne teased, then cooed at Rocco before letting him get out.

"Thanks, Luanne. See you soon."

"Have a safe flight, bye!"

— • —

It was an eight hour flight, so you weren't too thrilled since you did not like flying. But, you were excited for the actual trip once you got there.

You got there with enough time to spare before checking in. You two get through security check pretty quickly so that was amazing. "It's gonna be okay, deep breaths. I'm right here with you." She sensed how nervous you were when it was time to take-off so she held your hand and chatted with you to take your focus off of that. "Let's choose a movie to watch together, huh?"

Thanks to her, you barely felt it went the plane started to ascend. In fact, you were well into the movie before it hit you that you were all already in the air. After one movie, you dozed off while she was reading a book she brought. And, you missed out on some snacks they handed out but it was better than missing out on some sleep. You were actually surprised you could fall asleep on the flight seeing that for the last two times you flew, you could not sleep at all and was just anxious the whole time.

You woke up from your little catnap to dinner being served. "Oh, just in time. I'm starving."

Auli'i notices you were awake and put her book away, "Hey, darling. How'd you sleep?"

"Surprisingly well." You answered quietly. Glad, she smiles. You decided to quickly check the dinner menu on the entertainment screen in front of you. "What're you gonna get?" She asks you curiously. "I dunno. Maybe the beef or the pasta." You shrugged, still pondering over the choices. "Are you gonna get wine?"