live your life [1]

You were jolted awake by the sound of your alarm. Smacking your phone to turn the alarm off caused it to fall off your nightstand because your hand slipped. You groaned, sitting up and then stretched out your arms as you yawned. You get out of bed and went to draw the blinds to let the sunlight in.

You were picking Auli'i up from the airport in a couple hours. She was coming back from South Africa after filming her upcoming movie, 'Darby and the Dead'. As much as you were thrilled to be able to see your girlfriend soon, you were also dreading leaving your house. The two of you went public a couple weeks ago while she was still put of town through an Instagram post and a livestream, but you left the livestream halfway through because the people were...mean. To put it simply. Auli'i quickly ended the livestream, looking visibly angry and went to call you next.

After washing up, you picked out an outfit for the day. Slipping into a navy blue sundress, you had your breakfast then went to do your makeup for the sake of looking a little more presentable. You left your house on time and started your drive to the airport. However, as you got closer to your destination, you were simply terrified of the paparazzi that you knew would be there. You were clear on how having paparazzi interested in Auli'i's life was 'part of the deal' but lately, all they were focused on was you. Digging up your past, starting unfounded rumours, asking you inappropriate questions.

Auli'i lands in roughly 45 minutes, and to avoid any additional attention on you, you sat in the car and waited until it was deemed near enough to her flight's arrival time. There were a couple of them waiting by the doors for you to walk by. The camera flash, and the questions thrown at you were enough to make your heartbeat quicken. Regardless, you tried your best to ignore them and continue walking to the arrival hall. More paparazzi were there, causing a disturbance, naturally. Some people were pissed off, others were curious for a variety of reasons.

"Please leave me alone." You finally spoke up. He pretends not to hear you and continued to snap pictures. All of a sudden, there was a commotion. You squinted your eyes to focus and there Auli'i was- walking out through the glass doors. The paparazzi were clamouring, pushing a couple of fans who were quietly waiting there meanwhile. You were standing next to a really kind fan of Auli'i's. You've seen her a couple times at red carpet events, but she'd always kept her distance. Auli'i didn't take long to have spotted you in the crowd, trying to get past the disrespectful guys with the cameras as nicely as possible, she soon realised it was nearly impossible. "I am trying to get home to my loved ones. Please stop delaying my itinerary." Her voice was raised.

"Your girlfriend?"

"What are your plans now that you're back?"

"Are you going back to Hawaii?"

"Why's your girlfriend always not smiling for the cameras?"

That last question really ticked her off. But still, she kept quiet and made her way to you, greeting the fans kindly along the way. She even stopped to sign a few autographs and take a couple of selfies. She was a feet or two away from you now, so you instinctively stretched out your hand for her to grab, but again a paparazzi shoved himself right next to you and almost made you lose your balance. "Sorry, sweetie." He sounded snarky as hell and you weren't having it anymore. Neither was the fan next to you- the gasp they let out was enough of an explanation. "Are you okay?" The fan asked you, worried. Fortunately, she steadied you. If not, there'd be pictures and videos of of you falling over all over the internet in the matter of minutes. You nodded, smiling uneasily as you swallowed thickly. "Hey!" Auli'i exclaimed, "I don't care if it's your job to be taking this pictures. But if you cannot respect another human being and hurt someone for your own benefit, I'm not about to stand here and just look." She puts an arm around you and guided you away from the crowd with the assistance of a security guard. "Laura, good to see you. Thank you for waiting in an orderly manner and helping Y/N out. I was holding my bag and couldn't respond quick enough."