Dutton Christmas - Part 3

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Snow continued to fall within the mountains of Wyoming, leaving the smell of burning firewood lingering throughout the air as every house was relying on wood to keep them warm. Kiera and Simon went to bed late on Christmas Eve, waiting for both Fernando and Mya, Kiera's niece, to fall asleep as they were eager to see what Santa brought them. 

Kiera would giggle as she went to retrieve the Elf on the Shelf from where it was from its previous encounter, smirking at Simon as they both contemplated on what to do with it. "So... do we play a prank on the kids, or do we traumatize Johnny?" She giggled, loose strands of hair framing her face as her hair was thrown into a bun. 

Simon paused for a few seconds as he looked at her - that familiar gleam in her eyes as she seemed to be a completely different person than how she was when they met. He was, too. Hell, the entire team was. 

She wore fleece pajama pants that matched her mother and sister, the fleece printed with penguins in Santa hats as she wore a loose t-shirt to accommodate her sleeping habits.

It was actually one of Simon's t-shirts. 

"I don't know about you, but I'd love to hear Johnny squeal like a schoolgirl over this little thing." He chuckled as he approached her, taking the elf from her hand as they were the only two awake in the lodge, being the ones to volunteer to set up the gifts from "Santa" to make her niece happy as well as Fernando, who Alejandro snuck his gifts with him on the flight, wanting to make Christmas morning just as special. 

She grinned, "What're you planning?" 

"I'll figure it out." He replied, unable to resist the beautiful temptation in front of him. His eyes were tired as the clock read a quarter past two a.m., large flakes of snow falling from the sky as the reflection from the decorative lights on the tree made an amber glow against the glass. He stepped closer to her, feeling her stand on her toes as the last time he had kissed her was that morning after her surprise. 

She hummed, wrapping her arms around his neck as he pulled her closer by her waist. He couldn't recall a time he saw her with her hair up, but he enjoyed it. Her hands now cupped his cheeks, breaking the kiss for a breath, feeling his lips press against her forehead. "I'm so happy." She whispered. 

"Me too, love," He admitted, his arm wrapped around her shoulders and pulling her close. "Never thought I'd experience this." 

"Well, I'm glad you are." She smiled up at him. 

"As long as I'm with you, it's all that matters." 

She grinned, pressing her head against his warm chest, listening to his slow heartbeat. "Let's go prank Soap and go to bed." 

He smirked as he followed her to the front door, the pair slipping on their shoes before trudging through the snowfall and to the guesthouse where Soap and the rest of the team were staying.