◆Chapter 5◇

That same day, at 8:40 AM, Miyuki and Izuku walked up to the towering gates of their exam location. The two teenagers looked up at the structure, their faces a mixture of wonder and trepidation.

"We're here. We made it," Miyuki breathed, she and Izuku finally arriving at U.A. High school. They'd showered and changed out of their sweaty clothes into their school uniforms. They looked so different in them yet quite alike as they were both dark in colour.

She felt the corners of her lips tug up into a small smile - which soon vanished when she saw the throng of other candidates pouring into the exam location.

They're so many...

Miyuki hid her face in her scarf.

It was to be expected, though. In this day and age saturated with quirks, nearly everyone wanted a piece of U.A.

It wasn't the top school for nothing, right?

The very best heroes in the country went there: The hero who refused the National hero award, the Number One hero, All Might; the resilient and Number two hero in the nation, Endeavour, and the winner of the Best Jeanist award, Best Jeanist.

"I didn't have the chance to test out the power I received from All Might," Izuku said as they entered school premises. His nervous energy was radiating off him like a heater. "I swallowed the hair, but did I really receive his power...?"

Miyuki pat his shoulder comfortingly. "It's coming from All Might-sensei and he doesn't lie, so he would never lie about something like this. Let's both do our best today!"

"Outta my way, Deku!"

"Deku...?" Miyuki asked, wondering who the angry voice was speaking to. She and Izuku turned around and faced Izuku's classmate, Bakugo Katsuki. He was dressed in the same black Gakuran as his childhood friend.

Miyuki recognised him - he was that angry boy from ten months ago. How could she forget him?

"Don't stand in front of me," he growled. "I'll kill you."

"M-Morning!" Izuku chirped. Katsuki walked past them, ignoring them entirely. "L-Let's all three of us do our best!"

"Hey, isn't that Bakugou?"

"The one with the sludge villain?"

"Oh, he's the real thing!"

"That Bakugou guy really seems to hate you," Miyuki said to Izuku. "Did you beat him up or something?"

If only she knew how laughable that is... Izuku thought, sighing.