◆Chapter 17◇

Miyuki stared at the plain white ceiling of her bedroom. She was lying upside down on her bed, hugging her All Might plushie. Her slings were off, as were the bandages around her head and abdomen, leaving her arms wrapped in bandages and dressing as well as one bandaid on her cheek.

What am I going to do today?

It was the weekend. Due to the pain from her injuries, though, Miyuki wound up rising in the very early hours of the morning. She decided to tire herself out by going for her jog then doing her daily chores. When she wasn't tired after that, she made dango and daifuku for the Midoriya and Bakugou households. When she was done, she made sure to package them carefully and in much the same way as last time with ribbons around them -

Yellow for the Bakugou family, and green for the Midoriya family.

While that was fulfilling, now here she was, trying to summon sleep to her body.

Miyuki exhaled slowly and closed her eyes.

After ten minutes, they opened again.

No way... It's not happening. I'm wide awake.

She sat up and looked at the boxes of sweet treats sitting, ready for delivery on her table. It was too early to go to their houses. Everyone was most likely still sleeping.

She looked down at the All Might plushie in her arms, deciding then she would visit the shelter. They were always open and she hadn't been to visit in what felt like a long time.

Miyuki dressed up appropriately in a grey hoodie and jean shorts that went up to the middle of her thighs. After putting on her sneakers, she grabbed her backup bag off of a hook and put the sweet treats inside. She crept quietly down stairs so as to not wake up Ren and Kasumi. They'd ask her why she was sneaking around then assume she was trying to run away and lock her in her room.

I made it.

Miyuki closed the door behind her quietly before jogging away from her adoptive home and towards the animal shelter. When she got there, she was glad to find the lights inside were on and the sign read ' オペn (OPEN)'.

"Good morning," Miyuki greeted as she opened the door.

"Oh, Miyuki-san!" The blonde receptionist smiled. "I haven't seen you in a few weeks. How have you been, my dear?"

"I've been well, Cathy. How are -"

"I heard you got into U.A.! Wooow!" Cathy leaned forward with sparkling eyes. "Does this mean you're going to be a hero now? I assume they've been training you very hard. Thats why you haven't been coming in, huh? Huh?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"This is so cool! You're going to be a hero! Wait!" Cathy's eyes widened. "That means you were one of those kids who got caught up in the U.S.J incident, right? Right?"

Miyuki nodded. Cathy always was chatty.

"Man, that must have been so scary for you!" Cathy gasped. "If it were me, I would've been crying my eyes out the whole time...! You're so cool, Miyuki-san!~"

"Thank you, Cathy..." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. "Um... May I go see the animals?"

"Of course, of course!"

Cathy motioned for Miyuki to follow her, but it wasn't necessary. The black-and-white-haired girl knew the place like the back of her hand.

"We haven't had as much luck as we used to," Cathy said when they entered the kennels. Most of them were empty. Those that weren't only had one dog in them. "I'm not sure why... animals are always looking for food and shelter on the streets..."