🖤H R 1🤍

Some time before Christmas -

'Just tell me this... Are you the man who murdered my family?'

'Murder?' All for One responded. 'I'm scorned. Such criminal minded activities are for those with hearts so weak they can't see the future past their next step.'

His weathered face wrinkled slightly as he grinned. Zin's eyes narrowed, his blue eyes reflected back at him in the plexiglass cage of All for One's cell.

'This society, where more than eighty of the human population have meta abilities beyond our imagination - in such a world, rules of killing and being killed, are crucial instincts vital to one's survival. Aren't you a survivor, Zin? To have come this far, even into Tartarus...'

'It would be simple,' Zin spoke, raising his forefinger to the villain. 'I only need one good one - one good reason why I should leave this place with your heart intact. I don't care about your boy toy Shigaraki or his plans for grandiosity. I'm a simple fella. There's only one thing I crave more than anything in this world. If you can't give it to me, then...'

All for One chuckled. Zin frowned. 'You're an invaluable ally, Hagiwara. A man who sets his ways on the path of vengeance is doomed to fall to into its pit.'

'I'm not here to discuss morality.'

'So you wish to know whether or not I killed your family, then... That's a pity, though, I am sure we both know I'm not the one who holds the answer. What did your eyes see that night?'

'Stop digressing, old man -'

'Why is that only the two of you are alive? Hm? Tell me, Zin, what you find when you look inside yourself...

What did you see that night?'

Zin ran a hand over his silver locks before throwing his head back to swallow a pill from the bottle. He winced as he bit into the medicine and nearly gagged at the taste.

Stupid Serotonin boosters...

He turned his attention to the capsule next to him, the figure within shrouded from his view by the purple liquid surrounding him. Right away his mind drifted to the image of his mother's body, charred beyond recognition beneath their demolished house, and the vacant eyes of his father staring up into the dark sky much the same way he did now as he looked through the window at the back of the armoured vehicle.

What... did I see that night...?

'Aki...!'

She was nowhere to be found. He searched everywhere for her, turning the debris that was once his childhood home over in search of the one person he never thought he could lose.

'Say hello, Aki. Her name is Miyuki.'

'Mi... Mi...yu...?'

'That's right. As her onii-san, it's your job to look out for her from now on, okay?'

"Zin," Mr. Compress called. Zin's head snapped up. His blue eyes darted towards the masked villain and the flask he held out to him.