◆Chapter 98◇

'...Don't break her heart before I do.'

His muscles tensed up, his eyes following after the butterfly as it carried itself and the words upon its back away from him. But they didn't leave him - not truly, as he soon found himself frantically eyeing his surroundings for signs of that flashy bastard.

His eyes darted towards the butterfly, but to his shock the insect had gone - vanished into thin air as if it weren't there to begin with. This stoked the already heated anger flaring within him as he saw no sign of the villain.

If he wasn't close by, then where was he? There was no way he could use his Quirk if he was so far away from them.

Even so, he wondered - what the hell was he playing at? Wasn't he supposed to be helping them against the rest of the League? He'd been doing a good job of it so far, although it still left him baffled.

Why would the man hellbent on killing Miyuki suddenly turn around and help her? What could possibly make him betray his comrades so swiftly? From the few minutes he met Zin when he had been kidnapped, the silver-haired youth didn't strike him as someone aligned with anyone else's interests but his own.

Could it have been a change of heart?

No way, Katsuki thought, his blood thrumming loudly in his ears as All Might instructed them on what they were to do for the lesson. His fists clenched at his sides and his gaze drifted down to the half-and-half girl in front of him.

Whatever the hell that freak is planning...

She was determined, and kind. She harboured a heart that was full of kindness; full of love for those she held close to her and those she didn't even know.

Yet it was one that had also known the greatest pains.

Katsuki didn't know what Zin was planning nor what his true intentions were, but he didn't care. What he'd seen just now was evidence to his belief - a villain can never be trusted, especially not the likes of him. He didn't care that he might be helping them in some secret operation with the HPSC. If he was going to hurt her... if he was going to take advantage of her pain and her love and make her suffer...

Katsuki was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of mechanical whirring, quickly followed by robotic voices. He turned his gaze to the side and the corner of his lip twitched upwards into his signature smirk as a group of robots made their way onto Ground Alpha. They were just like the ones from the Entrance Exams and sports festival. They were a lot smaller, though, but that didn't dampen the eagerness rising within him in any way.

His gaze drifted downwards subconsciously to the half-and-half girl in front of him. Her eyes sparkled with anticipation and her pink lips were pulled up into a small, excited smile that made his smirk widen slightly.

"All right, boys and girls!" All Might announced, pulling the students' attention towards him. "Each of you has now had a taste of the life standing ahead of you as pro heroes. Are you ready? Let us see how strong you have become! First team, go!"

"Die, humans!"

"We are the skynet of the world."

Miyuki rubbed her cheek with her forefinger, watching as the robots charged towards Yuga, Toru, and Mina's group. She wondered if they were programmed to speak that way. She hoped they were.