◆Chapter 103◇

"Your fight is with me!"

He looked on, awestruck, at her luminescent self encased within the glowing Hydra. Yet something like trepidation gripped him, too, as he watched her beast take the bullet meant for Aizawa in one of its jaws and it vanished in its maw as if it were nothing more than an ant.

Katsuki's attention was pulled to Zin when he heard the villain's throaty laughter resonate across the battlefield. His hand that had broken free of Ryukyu's claw was raised in the air, tendrils of Izuku's Blackwhip pulling his fingers back. His expression shifted into disdain, his body warming with irritation upon listening to that sound.

"It looks like you're teaching her something after all, Eraser," Zin spoke. He pulled on Izuku's Quirk and Katsuki's eyes widened as it snapped piece by piece. "But there was a second there..."

A bright orb of light shot through Ryukyu's wing. The Dragoon hero reeled back from the impact, allowing Zin to let off an explosive air blast that decimated Blackwhip, threw Izuku off of him, and blew back the number one hero before he could even reach them.

He barely blinked before Zin was attacking Miyuki within her Hydra.

He fired dozens of blasts of light through the beast, though it quickly became clear his brief re-emergence of power was waning as Aizawa fixated his eyes on the villain again. Zin was just as relentless. His right eye glowing a hot red, he shot off a blazing blast. Miyuki reacted swiftly and raised a luminescent wall, but Zin's powerful attack ripped right through it and her creature, soon streaking towards Aizawa. The Erasure hero pushed his comrades aside, but the attack only razed his forehead before a giant wall of ice shot up in front of them, cutting it off instantly -

Just as Aizawa's Quirk flickered.

"Sensei!" Shoto called out, arriving on the battlefield. Zin's eyes flew to him as he soared into the air. He grimaced, and Katsuki guessed it had to do with his similar appearance to Miyuki.

That guy...! He looked to Shoto as he arrived on the battlefield. Did he follow us all the way here from the evacuation site?!

"Sensei!" Izuku exclaimed worriedly. He flew up to Zin, sending out his Blackwhip to capture the villain immediately and Miyuki quickly followed suit, restraining her brother with her shadows. But Katsuki noted, fist clenched at his side, that their density had lightened, and a bead of sweat slightly dampened the dried blood on her face. "Sensei!"

Izuku jumped away, releasing Blackwhip while the half-and-half girl slammed Zin through Shoto's ice wall. When the dust cleared, Katsuki and the other heroes watched, apprehensive, as the silver-haired villain pushed himself back up. His eyes were hooded by his hair, but the grin on his face was clear for all to see.

"What're you going to do once you've protected him...?" He menacingly questioned, voice thick with intent. "A pain unlike anything you've imagined is waiting for you all... You're only delaying the imminent future, heroes."

Dammit...!

Katsuki's gaze veered towards Rock Lock and Manual, the two heroes anxiously working to heal the damage done to Aizawa's eyes. When he looked back at Zin, his chest tightened when he saw the villain staring down Izuku and Miyuki as they stood in front of their teacher, their expressions tense with fury and contempt as they glared at him.

Close by, he noticed Shoto had quickly gone to Endeavour's side. The half-and-half boy didn't spare his old man a glance, though, as he created a block of ice for the flame hero to cool down on.

"Shoto!"

"It took me longer to get here because I was helping Ryukyu and the others," Shoto explained. "Cool your body. It should help you catch your breath at least."