◆Chapter 62◇

Over the next four days, Class 1-A were given plenty of time to continue practising their ultimate moves. Miyuki proceeded to learn to control the darker side of her Quirk, along with its new abilities, with Ectoplasm, and not neglecting the other side of her Quirk, she and Tenya raced one another in the obstacle course Cementoss raised specifically for the objective of working on their speed.

The half-and-half girl spent her free time tinkering with the support item she was constructing in the Development Studio. Miyuki enjoyed being in the workshop, despite the consistent explosions from Mei's inventions. The pink-haired girl even took some time giving Miyuki pointers on how to improve her support item, much to her surprise. The two of them actually got to spend so much time together, tinkering and sometimes bickering over ideas, that Miyuki began to consider her a friend.

The same must have been true for Mei since she'd taken to calling her 'Miss Apprentice' or 'Miss A' for short. Miyuki wasn't sure how to feel about this nickname, so she didn't address it.

Once she finally completed her support item, Miyuki submitted it to Power Loader for approval. When it didn't combust into flames or explode as the previous one did, he gave her the go-ahead and informed her that it would be added to her costume.

"Arooo!"

As he made the rounds checking on the students' performances, All Might turned around with a curious expression when he heard Miyuki's wolf howling nearby. The half-and-half girl stroked its in head in congratulations as another one of Ectoplasm's clones disintegrated.

"Ectoplasm-sensei, may I have another one?" Miyuki requested.

"You're getting stronger, Young Sasaki," All Might said as he walked up to the teenage girl. Miyuki spun around, straightening herself.

"All Might-sensei, you're here!" She exclaimed, slightly taken aback by his presence there. "And... thank you!"

"I would like to see what else you've managed to come up with," he requested, and she nodded energetically, an eager smile on her face.

Summoning shadows from her body, Miyuki showed All Might her progress - first, she showed him her Penumbra expansion before going on to conjure her Shadow Shikigami, which she could call upon for only two to three minutes at maximum currently. She hoped to be able to summon them to a larger capacity and of bigger sizes, but Miyuki found she still had to adjust to using her shadows just enough for her body to bear.

Next, she created a dark, almost life-like figure of the former number one hero himself. All Might gawked at it.

Is this... Is this what I truly look like?!

... Or is this just how she sees me...?!

"I'm not very good at intricate details yet when it comes to illusions," Miyuki explained with a bashful smile as she took in All Might's expression. He tilted his head curiously and the shadow illusion mimicked the action. "Also, they can't do anything like fight or talk or walk - unless I make them from the matter's shadow, like I did just now with yours." Miyuki motioned to the ground at his feet.