◆Chapter 91◇

After breakfast, Miyuki and Izuku went their separate ways from Shoto and Katsuki as they made their way towards the Teacher's dorms. When they got there, Miyuki spotted Eri and Mirio there - as well as Neito, who just arrived.

"Onee-San, Midoriya-Kun, good morning!" Mirio greeted with a bright grin as he waved at the two approaching teens, who waved back just as excitedly.

"Hikari-Onee-San!" Eri cheered as Izuku and Miyuki reached them. "Deku-San!"

"Eri-Chan, Mirio-senpai!" Miyuki responded brightly.

"Good morning!" Izuku greeted. His gaze drifted over to Neito. "Monoma-Kun?"

"Huh?" Neito spoke up, looking past his nose at the two other first years. "What is this, Sasaki-Hime, some kind of family reunion of yours?"

"The bad part of U.A...." Eri muttered as her gaze landed on Neito next, eyes wide with trepidation.

"What is this child talking about?" Neito laughed as Eri hid herself behind Miyuki.

"I told her you were the bad part of U.A. during the school festival," Mirio explained unabashedly.

"I'm a man right in the middle of the path of righteousness, though!" Neito responded, letting out a weird laugh.

"Um... What's going on?" Izuku asked, slightly confused.

"Oh, Midoriya, Togata, Sasaki," Aizawa called as he walked over. "Sorry to make you come out. There was something I wanted to ask Monoma to do, but unfortunately, Eri-Chan and Monoma's personalities are too different."

"Just what do you think of me?" Neito asked before dissolving into hysterical laughter once more.

Before it could go on, they all made their way inside the building. Aizawa told Neito he wanted him to try and copy Eri's Quirk. The younger girl looked up at the blonde, still quite anxious, but she slowly held out her hand to let him do so. Miyuki, Izuku, Mirio, and Aizawa watched in anticipation as Eri's horn appeared on the blonde boy's head.

"How about it, Monoma?" Aizawa asked.

"Hmmm... it's a blank," Neito replied. "Unfortunately, I can't do what you hoped, Eraser."

"I see. That's too bad," Aizawa said.

"You wanted him to copy Eri-Chan's Quirk? Why?" Mirio asked the Erasure hero.

"Monoma-Kun, what do you mean by 'blank'?" Izuku inquired.

"I mean it's the same type as yours," Neito replied. "Your Quirk's a stockpiling one, too, right? I copy the nature of the Quirk itself. If it's a Quirk where you accumulate something and change it into energy, I can't copy what needs to be accumulated."

"I see," Izuku mused. Miyuki folded her arms under her chest, realizing this was the first time she felt comfortable around Neito.

"I get 'blanks' once in a while," Monoma said. "The same logic goes for when I copied your Quirk but couldn't release any power."

Miyuki glanced at Izuku's wide eyes. She was certain he was afraid the blonde would explode into pieces when he did that.

"So, why Copy?" Mirio asked.

"Even if Eri-Chan's able to activate her Quirk again," Aizawa explained, "if she doesn't know how to use it, the same thing might happen again. That's why I thought it'd be easier if Monoma could copy her Quirk and teach her how to use it directly. But it's not that easy, huh?"

"I'm sorry..." Eri quietly said, reaching up to touch her horn. "You're having trouble because of me... My power gives everyone trouble... I wish I didn't have this power..."