◆Chapter 82◇

The weekend rolled around soon, and seeing as this Saturday Katsuki and Shoto didn't have their usual provisional license remedial courses, practice for their concert performance was in full swing with all three teams taking on their roles with full responsibility.

Miyuki offered to help Kyoka with the song compositions and she agreed. As they put their heads together and tested out the sounds for each one, the two of them came up with three music sheets for three songs.

They singled out two of them before showing them to Mina and the pink-skinned girl picked the most upbeat song for their dance performance.

"This song would be awesome for the pageant, Miyuki-Chan!" Mina delightedly pointed out, holding up the second sheet of music. "Don't you think? And I know the perfect dance number for this one!"

"It depends a lot on what you're going for for your look," Kyoka pointed out before smiling widely. "But from what you've told us so far, it would match what you want to do, right?"

"Yeah," Miyuki replied. She looked down at the guitar in her hands with a pensive look. "It might give me inspiration for what I should do with my Quirk in the martial arts round, too."

The three girls returned to their teams to practice shortly afterwards and Kyoka and Miyuki returned indoors to inform the band team about the decision.

"This is the one, huh?" Denki asked as Miyuki showed him the sheet music. Momo walked over and looked it over, too.

"The most sophisticated compositions usually take the most time, don't they?" Momo asked, tilting her head as she looked over the chords and arrangements of the song.

"And we've got a month until the day of the school festival if we count today," Fumikage added, his arms loosely folded across his chest. "It's a welcome challenge."

"They're not gonna know what hit 'em," Katsuki spoke up gruffly, swiping his drumsticks from the table. "We're going to knock every last one of them down with our sound!" Miyuki sweatdropped at the determined yet dark aura wafting off of him.

Why do I get the feeling he's talking with certain people in mind?

"I'm confident we'll get the hang of this piece in no time," Miyuki started, an uplifting smile on her face as she twirled the guitar pick between her fingers. She turned to plaster the sheet on the board. "It's all about focus. We just have to singe-mindedly..."

"Practice to kill!" Katsuki finished intensely and the band started practicing.

The first attempt went as well as Miyuki expected it to go since they each were still getting accustomed to each other's sound. The half-and-half girl was surprised to find how easily the chords came to her despite not having played for some time and was pleased to hear how well the melody came together.

That is, for the most part...

"Don't rush ahead of me, damn it!" Katsuki blasted, pointing a drumstick in Denki's direction. "You keep speeding up the tempo!"

"Actually," Miyuki stepped in, scratching her cheek sheepishly, "it was my fault that time. Your arrangements are constantly switching so it's pretty confusing to keep up with. Sorry, Firecracker."

"You were perfect there, Miyuki-Chan! You played fine, so don't sweat it!" Denki spoke up with a light blush, catching the half-and-half girl by surprise. Katsuki's eye twitched as he looked at him, clearly annoyed, although Miyuki wasn't sure why he was.

"You bastard," he grumbled. "You're getting distracted too easily! Focus on yourself!"

"So this is your secret passion, huh?" Miyuki asked, a small smile gracing her features. Katsuki looked at her before slowly averting his gaze, resisting the warmth threatening to flood his face. He grumbled out a response and Miyuki chuckled lightly.