◆Chapter 60◇

The next few days were restless for the half-and-half girl as she set about packing her belongings in preparation to move into the dorms.

Miyuki didn't like the idea of moving out again so soon right after she moved into her home. She'd gotten so used to the ambiance of the semi-traditional house and the quiet presences of her father and Poncho. She looked forward to living with her friends and classmates, and what fun it was all going to be...

But she was going to miss her father, too.

Mirai wasn't overly generous with his affectionate gestures when it came to others, yet he embraced Miyuki for a bit longer that morning as the half-and-half girl stood on their porch in her school uniform with her schoolbag strapped over her shoulder.

"I'll call you later," she promised him as she gently broke the hug. The All Might and Mirko trinkets bounced gleefully against her bag as she jogged down the path. Miyuki turned around and waved over her shoulder at him. "Papa, I love you!"

Mirai's expression saddened as he watched his daughter go; as she ran towards a new future he could not yet see.

"...I love you, too, Miyuki," he whispered.

Miyuki met Izuku on her way to the train station and the two best friends proceeded on their way to U.A. together from there.

"Even though the circumstances behind it aren't great, I'm really looking forward to living in a dorm with everyone," Miyuki said happily to the green-haired boy as they disembarked at their destination.

"It's a pretty unexpected solution," he agreed. His eyes lit up and a small grin broke out in his face. "But you know what this means, right? We're going to be living with All Might now, too!"

"We are, aren't we?" Miyuki breathed excitedly as they arrived in front of their dorms. They were the last ones to get there as the rest of their classmates already stood in front of the tall building made of polished, orange brickstone. Miyuki and Izuku's eyes widened with awe as they took in their new home -

Heights Alliance.

It's so big! Miyuki thought wondrously as she craned her neck to take in the full height of the building before her and her classmates. Her attention was brought back down as Aizawa arrived and greeted his students.

"For now, I'm just glad that we were able to bring Class 1-A back together again," he told them in his usual drawl tone.

"Everyone was allowed to enter the dorms, huh?" Hanta asked.

"I had a hard time..." Toru admitted with a sigh.

"That's expected..." Kyoka agreed, scratching her cheek lightly.

"The two of you were directly affected by the gas," Mashirao pointed out reasonably.

"We were all able to be together again because of the teachers," Tsuyu spoke up. "When I watched the press conference, I thought we'd lose them, and it made me sad."

"Yeah," Ochaco agreed with a serious expression.

"I was surprised, too," Aizawa admitted to the class. "Well, I'm sure everyone has different circumstances. First, I will explain briefly about the dorms, but first - for now, we will focus on getting the provisional licences we were planning to have you get during the training camp."

"Oh yeah, they did talk about that!" Rikido recalled.

"So much happened that I forgot about it," Ochaco stated. Miyuki nodded in agreement.