◆Chapter 32◇

"Die...!"

Miyuki watched with narrowed eyes as Katsuki came rushing at her, his explosions already going off in his hands like firecrackers. She crossed her arms in front of her in an 'X' formation as light energy swirled around her feet.

I'm going to give it everything I've got — no holding back!

The light swirling around her grew brighter and higher such that when Katsuki attacked her with an explosive blast, their Quirks collided, creating a bright explosion that sent great wind pressures throughout the stadium.

"What the heck?!" Minoru cried. Mezo was holding him by the leg to keep him from being blown away by the immense wind current threatening to blow him away.

"I can't see!" Ochaco exclaimed as she, like most of the audience, shielded her face from the intense brightness.

"What just happened? Has the match already been decided?!" Present Mic shouted. He and Aizawa were gripping onto their chairs.

When the light died down and the smoke cleared away enough for the audience to see what was going on, a mixed reaction came out at first before they cheered as loudly as before.

Miyuki was still standing and so was Katsuki. The two of them were untangled in a grappling match in which their hands were intertwined. The ash-blonde boy used this to his advantage by fliiping Miyuki over him to slam her into the ground, but she was just as fast as him and sent a swift kick to his back that sent him stumbling forward and she landed on her feet.

"Bakugo is unstoppable!" Present Mic commentated as the explosive boy rushed forward and attacked Miyuki with another explosion.

Or, he might have.

"What's this? I spoke too soon!"

Katsuki looked down at his hands, his expression twisted in angered confusion.

"What the hell?!" He shouted. His palms were bone dry. Across from him, Miyuki wasted no time and attacked him with her sledgehammer.

"Kacchan's on the defensive again?!" Izuku asked, wide eyed as he watched his childhood friend take a direct hit to the face from his best friend's weapon.

"Do you like my new trick?" Miyuki asked as she swung at him again – His piercing red eyes tracked her movements, preparing to hit her with a stun grenade. Nothing happened.

Rather than hit him again, she rapidly twisted around Katsuki and held him against her with her hammer, keeping his arms locked at his sides.

"I learnt it during our training..." Miyuki trailed off, straining to keep him in place. 

"Shut up already!"

Katsuki smashed his head against hers and Miyuki let go as she staggered back from his hit. Did he aim there on purpose? Even though she made sure to remove the bandage before the match, was he still aware of her injuries?

"D'you think you can distract me?!" He shouted, a crazed expression across his features. Miyuki blew a strand of dark hair out of her face when he wiped off the blood from his mouth, being careful of his slightly scorched hands.

"I see," Izuku muttered, paying particular attention to the way Katsuki was mindful of his hands. "Yuki-Chan's plan from the beginning was to disarm him." Ochaco turned to look at the muttering boy, curious as to what he was saying about the fight. "When that explosion was created from the collision of their Quirks, the light was bright enough to start a small fire... which means Yuki-Chan, she..."

Katsuki tried activating his Quirk -

"Not at all!" Miyuki responded as she rushed at him, aiming a punch for his torso. Katsuki deftly dodged her fist. There were small sparks shooting off from his hand now. "I'm just a bit excited, that's all!"