◆Chapter 28◇

"The early bird gets the worm!" Yuga exclaimed, making the first move by sending a laser right at her.

Interesting.

Miyuki jumped out of the way and activated her eagle vision.

Due to his navel laser, Yuga was sure to keep attacking her from a distance. However, if she remembered correctly from the combat training exercise and the quirk assessment test, he could only use his laser for a limited amount of time before he got nauseous.

So that means getting close at just the right moment.

"Miyuki-Chan, you can do it!" Tsuyu cheered from the stands as she watched the black-and-white haired girl elusively dodge Yuga's attacks.

"Aoyama, get her!" Minoru cheered from the back of the stands. "Beat her like in those fighting games where their clothes get ripped off!"

"What are you, scum?" Kyoka said to the miniature boy.

Miyuki backflipped over his barrage of attacks. She was getting closer and closer, but still maintaining a good distance between them. She was weaving around him without using her quirk and relying on her agility, waiting for him to wear himself out.

"If you shoot for more than a second," Miyuki said when she got close enough for him to hear her clearly, "You get a stomachache, right?"

"What's going on, Shizuka?!" Present Mic exclaimed as he watched the girl deftly twist around Yuga's attack. "Is this some kind of dance?!"

"Yeah," Miyuki replied, not that he could hear. She blew a black strand of hair out of her face.

"You're... You're persistent!" Yuga said. He tried to take her down with one last long laser in her direction. His face started turning blue. "My... My stomach..."

Now!

Miyuki wrapped Yuga in a lasso of light from his waist, just the way Sero had done with Shoto earlier. Without wasting a second, she spun him round three times before sending him spinning out of bounds.

"Oh no!" Miyuki gasped when he didn't stop. Yuga spun out farther than she intended and fell off the stage. "Aoyama-Kun!"

"Aoyama-Kun is out of bounds!" Midnight announced. "Shizuka-San advances to the next match!" Miyuki politely bowed her head to the cheers from the crowd, throwing concerned glances over at where her classmate had fallen.

I hope he's okay...

Cementoss walked over to the other end of the stage and lifted Yuga from the ground. He was standing, albeit a bit shakily and with spirals in his eyes, but he was still standing. Miyuki exhaled in relief.

I didn't get to use my quirk much this round, but that's okay.

Miyuki walked back to her side of the stage, knowing she had back to back matches. She flexed her fingers.

Would it be a good idea to use only her light technique throughout this final tournament? Recovery Girl said the side effects of her quirk could be dependent on how much sunlight she soaked in. With the juice she took in, there was now at least 34% more vitamin D in her body.

But would it be wise for me to test out this hypothesis during the tournament?

I have one more match than the others. I might end up burning myself out if I'm not careful.

"Despite that last match, this isn't the last we've seen of her!" Present Mic announced. "Take it in, mighty Shizuka! The media's eyes are all on you!"