◆Chapter 26◇

When she and Katsuki's staring match finally came to an end - even though it didn't seem like it would because neither wanted to be the one to give in first - Miyuki turned around in time to see Mashirao slap his tail over Izuku's face.

"Midoriya!"

She looked closer and saw Hitoshi standing there with a smug smile.

What's going on?

Brows knitting together in concern, Miyuki went to where they were just as Shinsou Hitoshi turned around and left. As he did, he caught Miyuki's eye. He then quickly looked away from her, as if afraid she might see something he didn't want her seeing.

"Izuku, Ojiro-Kun, are you all right?" She asked the two boys once she reached them. "That was Shinsou Hitoshi-Kun just now, wasn't it?"

"We're fine, Shizuka-Chan," Mashirao replied. He dropped his tail from Izuku's face and the green-haired boy seemed flustered with confusion. "Yeah, it was him."

"Ojiro-Kun," Izuku said, turning to face the other boy and his best friend. "What's the matter? Why did you do that?"

"Don't answer him, either of you," Mashirao warned, glancing around the arena. "Let's talk in the locker room later." Izuku nodded slowly as he walked away.

Miyuki slapped the side of her fist into her palm.

"That's it!" She cried out suddenly. Izuku looked at her curiously.

"What are you talking about, Yuki-Chan?"

"Shinsou-Kun's quirk," she responded, looking around in case he was still close by. "It's like my puppeteer quirk, except his doesn't use olfactory activation but vocal - a call and response key, if you will."

If Izuku, Shoto, and Katsuki hadn't arrived when they did, would she have been put under his control, as well? Had she answered him when he spoke, would she have wound up in the same positions as Mashirao and Yuga?

Miyuki was pulled out of her thoughts by a quiet grumble from beside her. She looked to the side and saw Katsuki gazing up at the tournament screen, his brows furrowed as he tried to put a face to the name beside his.

"Uraraka?" He asked himself. Miyuki shook her head in disbelief.

I understand we haven't been together very long, but... this is...

She found the brunette and walked up to her.

"Yuki-Chan, I'm scared!" Ochaco said, gripping the other girl's sleeve.

"Don't worry, Ochaco-Chan," Miyuki responded with a soothing smile. "You've been working really hard, haven't you? With that new move of yours, too, right? I know you'll do amazing!"

"All right!" Present Mic announced overhead. "Let's leave the tournament aside for a momentary interlude! Let's have fun with the recreation! All right! First up is the scavenger hunt!"

"Miyuki-Chan!" Kyoka jogged over to her. "Will you be taking part in the recreational activities?"

"I'm afraid not, Jirou-Chan. Sorry," Miyuki responded. "I want to get enough rest for the next round." She bowed her head and gave her a close-eyed smile. "Have fun for the both of us, though!"