◆Chapter 64◇

The half-and-half girl narrowed her eyes as the students from the other schools surrounded her and her classmates within the mountain zone.

"I knew it!" Izuku exclaimed.

"They followed us all the way out here," Miyuki breathed, watching as Shindo Yo raced towards them the fastest out of all the second years swarming towards them.

"I saw it on TV! The super power that also destroys yourself!" Yo shouted at Izuku. The second years showered their balls down upon the first years. "Well, if a nail sticks out, you've got to hammer it down!"

Used to such sudden attacks, the first years of Class A jumped into action instantly.

Izuku jumped into the air and kicked away the balls using his Full Cowling: Shoot Style and Fumikage summoned Dark Shadow to deflect them. Ochaco floated herself out of their trajectory while Tenya ran, dodging all of them. Momo raised a shield, protecting herself, Tsuyu, and Toru from having their targets hit and Hanta used his tape, effectively flinging them back.

Minoru, using his sticky balls appropriately for once, crafted a rope to push them back and Mina melted them down with her acid before they struck her targets.

Miyuki burned the balls away with a single swipe with a bright blast of energy, taking that chance to craft a transparent shield to deflect the ones she caught coming from the corner of her eye. She noticed Yo watching them as her classmates gathered behind her.

"Everyone, let's keep at it!" Izuku shouted as Miyuki expanded her shield around her class.

"Yeah!"

Just then, Makabe Shikkui used his Stiffening Quirk to harden the balls into solid rocks before Itejiro Toteki sent them flying towards them with his Boomerang Quirk.

"Where in the world are they?!" Izuku asked.

"They're underground," Miyuki responded immediately, having used her eagle vision to see right where the second year directed the balls' trajectory. "Jiro-Chan!"

"Get back!" Kyoka exclaimed as she plugged her earphone jacks into the earth, pressing her hands against the ground. "I'll take this! Sound Amplification... Amplifier Jack... Heartbeat Distortion!"

Using her new ultimate move, Kyoka destabilised their opponents while simultaneously digging the balls out from beneath the ground, sending them soaring towards only one person -

"Huh?" Minoru asked, turning around and noticing the balls heading in his direction. "'They're coming for me!

"Maximum viscosity and solubility..." Mina said, activating her new ultimate move as she melted the balls away. "Acid Veil!"

"Thanks!" Minoru said to her gratefully. "That's a great move."

"It's a defensive move that puts up a melty wall!" Mina explained.

"Black Abyss!" Fumikage said as Dark Shadow covered him. "Piercing Twilight Claws!" He threw the ball at Tatami.

"So strong!" Tatami exclaimed as she folded into herself like a turtle, causing Miyuki to tilt her head slightly in bewilderment at this Quirk.

"I see. This isn't the Class A from the sport's festival," Yo commented as he assessed the first years in front of them. "They've grown a lot."

Miyuki's expression shifted at his patronising statement but she found herself under a wave of weariness when she realized it actually had been quite some time since the sports festival. She glanced out of the corner of her eye, being careful to maintain her shield, when the speakers crackled to life: