◆Chapter 63◇

She'd felt nervous before. So many times, in so many different ways at various points during the year and she thought it was a feeling she would have grown accustomed to by now.

Yet Miyuki quickly found out that wasn't the case at all when the day of the provisional licensing exam arrived, and she went through her morning routine feeling her stomach constantly twisting and turning in on itself.

Even so, she made sure to give Poncho a sufficient amount of biscuits for the time she'd be gone before picking up her bag and hero costume case. As she turned to leave, out of the corner of her eye, she glimpsed the bag of Daifuku Zin brought her sitting in the dark corner of her desk.

The seal remained untouched, as did the package itself.

"In my story, you're the bad guy. I have to stop you."

Heroes and villains - two sides of the same coin, born of the atrocities this society bestowed upon each of them, thrusting them into a seemingly interminable survival game of rectification -

Each of them, the origins thrumming within their hearts, born of a pain that can neither be easily forgotten or swept back into its past.

Miyuki jolted slightly when her phone buzzed with an incoming call. It was Mirio, which surprised her. Tsukauchi and Mirai had called earlier to wish her good luck, but those were the only ones she was expecting.

"Good morning, Mirio-senpai," Miyuki cheerily greeted. "This is a nice surprise, but I didn't expect you'd call so early in the morning."

"I wanted to wish you good luck for your exam today, Onee-san!" Came his energetic response - which was promptly followed by a yawn. "You sound upbeat and fresh. That's great! It means you got a good night's rest, right? You weren't staying up studying or reading again, right?"

"No, not this time," Miyuki promised with a sheepish smile.

"And don't forget to eat your breakfast!" Mirio reminded her. "You have eaten, haven't you? Don't forget to take plenty of orange juice, too! The more energy you have, the better. Too much can never be enough!"

"Huh?" Miyuki questioned, scratching her cheek at his last phrase. Just what did he mean by that? "Mirio-senpai, you don't have to worry about me so much. I'll be fine. I haven't taken anything yet, but I will be sure to eat enough food before I leave."

"Even though you're so capable, I'm always going to look out for you. It's what little big brothers do!" He stated excitedly and a small smile crept onto her face. "I won't keep you for much longer, though. Go on and get your license, Onee-san!"

"I definitely will!" Miyuki replied, feeling herself become more enthused by his encouragement and confidence in her abilities. As she left her bedroom and made her way downstairs, Miyuki felt much lighter and a bit more confident in herself as she joined everyone outside.

Aizawa directed everyone to where the bus was parked as it arrived to take them to their destination. As she got on, Miyuki checked around for any empty seats available, but only found one. Izuku and Tenya were sitting together and Shoto found himself seated next to Toru while Ejirou and Hanta sat together. The half-and-half girl spotted an open seat by the window next to Katsuki, so she made her way there.

The ash-blonde boy barely glanced up as Miyuki walked up to where he was, making her way towards the spot beside him. He pulled back his legs as she did, which surprised her - but she didn't make any mention of it as she took her seat by the window and greeted him with an amicable nod and a smile. Katsuki raised a brow at this unusual gesture of greeting. Did she lose her voice or something?