◆Chapter 109◇

After Sasaki Miyuki left U.A:

When Izuku and Katsuki returned to the ground floor, the rain had already began to fall and their teachers were gone from their dormitory building. Izuku looked around at his classmates, taking in each of their tense and worried expressions. The melancholy settled more heavily on him as no one spoke as they turned to him and Katsuki, looking up from their respective letters from Miyuki when they stepped out of the elevator.

"Huh?" Izuku asked, slightly taken aback to see his teachers were gone. "Aizawa-sensei, Present Mic, and the principal aren't here? I thought there was an announcement."

"They left a little while ago," Ochaco explained, pursing her lips as she looked away from her note, "when the safety commission came knocking all of a sudden."

"They didn't say when they'd be back, too..." Mina added. She slumped against the back of the couch and pouted, clutching her note as she swung an arm over her eyes. "Is all that really true - the safety commission is going after Miyuki-Chan because... s-she was working with the villains all along?"

"Did she really... betray us to those guys?" Mashirao asked, mouth wavering as he looked down at the note. "So, it's been her all along - the traitor at U.A...?"

"N-Non!" Yuga spoke up, shaking his head frantically. "Sasaki-San would never...! She's always caring for everyone and trying to make sure they're safe... i-it can't be her!"

"Then why would she tell us it was?" Hanta questioned seriously, motioning to his own letter. "Sasaki-Chan doesn't lie."

Katsuki's hand balled into a fist at his side as he listened to more of his classmates voice their agreement - yet a scowl formed on his face, the anger bubbling within him coming to a boiling point as he heard the sadness and uncertainty beneath their tones, too.

"All of you..." Katsuki spoke up tensely, catching his classmates' attention. "...seriously have the guts to call her a traitor...?! The only reason those bastards from the Commission came here was because she recklessly put her life on the line trying to protect us!"

"Yuki-Chan..." Izuku said. His expression hardened with resolve as he faced his classmates. "Even though what Zin said about her past might be true, and her ties to him and All for One are hard to believe, it doesn't change who she is now. I should've been the one to go and deal with Zin, but she somehow kept me from finding out the whole truth until now. Because she wants to fix this on her own. She's..."

"...is in a lot of pain," Katsuki finished quietly. He glanced at Izuku from the corner of his eye, heart clenching slightly as he took in his conflicted expression. "The only reason she said those things is because the last thing she'd want is to worry everyone. She wasn't lying, but she didn't give you the full truth, either."

A heavy silence fell over the room as everyone processed Izuku and Katsuki's words.

Shoto pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning against and faced the two childhood friends before saying, "Then, Midoriya, Bakugo - you better give us the whole truth right now."

Izuku opened his mouth to respond, but Katsuki beat him to it and spoke first, starting with the time they found Zin's letters in her room and explained everything from her undercover work with the commission to use the villain as an informant right up to what Mera explained about the real reason the HPSC were hunting her down. By the time he was finished, the rain had stopped, but a stormy anger and gloom fell upon his classmates upon hearing the real reason behind her leaving.