◆Chapter 45◇

Where the hell is she?

Katsuki didn't bother checking his watch. The sun was slowly lowering into the horizon, casting the sky in a deeper orange hue.

He scoffed as he shoved his hands into his pockets. What was he doing? This was a waste of his time. There was no use waiting any more when she wasn't going to show up.

Katsuki turned around and started walking off campus, hands in his pockets.

"Hm?"

When he got to the UA arch, he heard running footsteps approaching him from behind. He looked over his shoulder -

"I'm sorry I'm so late!" Miyuki gasped out. Katsuki stopped walking and she caught up to him. "Sorry about that, Firecracker. I... actually can't believe you waited for me..."

"Tch!" He quickly averted his gaze when her green eyes looked up at him, a familiar warmth coursing through him. "Just shut up and give me your bag!"

"Eh?" Miyuki blinked, clutching the strap of her bag tightly. "What? Why? Is this some kind of shakedown situation?" A tick mark slapped onto his forehead.

"No!" He gruffly responded. "Just give it here!"

"Hmmm..." She said quietly, not taking her eyes off of him as she slipped him her schoolbag.

"Let's go!" He commanded when he swung it over his shoulder. Miyuki's eyes widened as he started walking off school grounds.

"Go where?" She questioned as she walked beside him. Her brows raised with concern. "Blasty, what's going on? You're acting weirder than usual. Is everything okay?"

"Of course it is," The ash-blonde boy replied loudly. He sent her a sharp glare, heat crawling through his body. "We're just going home, damn it! Stop thinking irrationally!"

She blinked up at him, her confusion growing until she realized what this was. Miyuki chuckled lightly, much to Katsuki's annoyance.

"What're you laughing about?" He growled and the half-and-half girl smiled.

"You're being so nice to me all of a sudden," she explained, "and it's so unlike you that I wonder if you weren't cloned by Best Jeanist or something."

"I'm just returning the favour," he grumbled out as he stopped his face from flushing. "Don't get your head twisted around it, idiot. What's your new address?!"

Miyuki told him the address of her new home then said, "It's strange that you'd use your reward from the race to walk me home like this. I thought you'd tell me to stop bothering you or leave you alone - something like that. What exactly are you returning the favour for?"

"You're walking too slow!" Katsuki exclaimed, deflecting from the topic as he pulled her along by the sleeve of her blazer. "Pick up the pace, will you? I'm not getting yelled at by your dad for bringing you home so late!"

"W-Wait a minute!" Miyuki stammered as her cheeks dusted a gentle pink.

"Tell anyone about this and you're dead."

"Answer the question first!"

Katsuki clicked his tongue in mild irritation, not bothering with another response as he walked.

He wanted to tell her to leave him alone and stop wasting his time originally. Focusing on one person for this long - why? Why her?

I can't see you.

That was for the best, though, wasn't it? Just what made him want to so badly in the first place?

She's a distraction, he told himself. His heart clenched. Just this once. After this, I'll be done with her. For good.