◆Chapter 19◇

"The sports festival!"

"That's a super normal school event! —" Ejirou started excitedly.

"Wait a minute!" Denki exclaimed, pushing Ejirou's face away as he turned to Aizawa.

"Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Kyoka questioned.

"What if they attack us again or something...?" Mashirao asked, brows furrowing with concern.

The thought of seeing him again sent disgusted shivers throughout her body. When Miyuki clutched her arm, a phantom of of the Nomu's bone breaking grip washed over her. She flinched, the vestiges of the real pain flooding through her and she let herself go, forcing her hands into her lap.

It's over now... she told herself.

But was it truly?

Izuku noticed this from his seat behind her. His face clouded with concern for his friend.

Yuki-Chan...

"Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is as solid as a rock," Aizawa explained. "Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years. Also, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled because of a few villains."

"But that's a good reason, isn't it?" Minoru asked, his whole little body quaking with fear and horror. "It's just a festival of sports."

"Mineta-Kun, you've never seen the U.A. sports festival?" Izuku asked, turning around to look at him.

"Of course I have, that's not what I meant!" He shouted, affronted.

"Our festival is one of Japan's biggest events," Aizawa said, "In the past, the Olympics were called the festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know, with reductions in scale and population, they are now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of the Olympics is the U.A. sports festival."

"Of course, all the top heroes in the country will be watching," Momo informed. "For scouting purposes!"

"I know that," Minoru replied, quietly upset.

"After we graduate, its typical to join a pro hero agency as a sidekick," Denki explained.

"A lot of people miss their chance to become independent after that and become eternal sidekicks, though," Kyoka said dismissively. "Kaminari, I feel like you'd be one of them — since you're dumb."

"Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity," Aizawa informed them, "Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. One chance a year — just a total of three chances. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off on your preparations!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Homeroom is dismissed," Aizawa said and left the classroom for them to begin their classes for the day. Miyuki looked down at her hands and turned them over so her palms were facing the ceiling. Slowly, she curled her fingers and formed a fist.

I'm going to get stronger.

When their Modern literature class with Cementoss ended and it was finally time for lunch, Miyuki packed up her belongings in preparation to go to Lunch Rush's Eatery with her friends. Her mouth began to water just at the thought of having that delicious food again...