◆Chapter 11◇

The Next Morning:

[U.A. FACULTY ROOM]

I hate mornings...

Aizawa Shouta sighed as he sluggishly entered the U.A. Faculty room, his yellow sleeping neatly folded under his arm.

"GOOD MORNING, SHOUTA!"

Present Mic slung an arm around the underground heroes shoulders, a wide happy-go-lucky grin on his face.

"It's too early to be this loud," Aizawa said bluntly.

"Huh? What do you mean 'too early'? This is my inside voice!"

The Pro heroes present - Midnight, Cementoss, Ectoplasm, and Power Loader - greeted the duo as they made their way to their respective desks. All of them were as chipper as Present Mic, but at least they weren't loud.

Not now, at least.

Aizawa sat at his desk with a quiet sigh as he looked down at the stack of papers and reports on his desk. Present Mic took the chair across from his desk and sat down, uninvited.

This must be the report from yesterday's combat training, thought the Erasure Hero as he somnambulantly began rifling through the papers. All Might wrote brief yet detailed analyses for each student. It made his job a lot easier.

"Your class has a lot of potential this year, Aizawa," Present Mic said suddenly.

"Oh?"

"Yeah - it's been two days now. They're all still here."

"That can still change."

His eyes stopped on a student's page.

Hm...

"Nah," Present Mic said, not noticing the sudden change in his friend's expression, "I like 'em! They really make me feel young again, you know?! Like - Like - Shouta?"

Aizawa's brows were furrowed slightly as he looked at the page again and again and again.

What... is this?

Miyuki hummed a quiet tune to herself as she walked down the road towards school. A little white butterfly flew over her and landed on the white side of her head. She didn't notice it.

She was on her own this morning. Izuku had gone ahead when she found out Ren and Kasumi had unexpectedly fallen ill that day, so she had to prepare breakfast and quickly clean the house before she left.

I hope I get there before Aizawa-sensei, she thought nervously. When she checked her watch, she saw she had at least twenty minutes before class started.

She hopped over a pebble, then frowned.

This was starting to feel like middle school again...

When taking the train, she'd gotten so used to going with Izuku that sitting in the car felt unusually quiet, despite the occasional chatter from the people around her.

Katsuki was there, however. When she tried waving at him, he ignored her, but she knew he saw her. She had frowned but decided to leave it alone.