🖤Origins🖤

ONE DAY AFTER
THE USJ INCIDENT:

All Might sat down in the chair by Aizawa Shouta's hospital bed. He was in his real form wearing a casual outfit with a large brown coat. The room was silent except for the beeping of the monitors and Aizawa's quiet breathing. His entire face was covered by bandages and dressing.

Toshinori Yagi frowned. It pained him to seea fellow hero in such a destitute state. It reminded him too much of a time before the appearance of All Might — of a society ruled by fear and overrun with crime.

The number one hero pulled out the reason for his visit and looked down at it.

Should this be true, then might there be hope after all?

"If you've got something to say... say it."

"Eh?"

All Might jumped in slight surprise when he looked up. Aizawa peered at him through the slits left for his eyes. The Erasure Hero pressed the button on his bed and tilted upwards so he could see the Number one hero better.

Not that there was much to see.

"You shouldn't move around too much," All Might said when Aizawa turned his head. "Your orbital floor is fractured, the doctor told me. You might injure your eyes further if you continue performing unnecessary movements."

"Huh?" Shouta asked, slightly annoyed by his fatherly nagging. "I'm just getting a glass of water. Pass me that pitcher."

All Might did as requested.

"How are you feeling?" Toshinori asked when he finished his glass of water. The Erasure Hero sighed and leaned back into the soft pillows behind him.

"I'll be fine," he responded. "How are the students? Were any of them injured?"

"No. Apart from Young Midoriya and Young Miyuki, no one else was injured." Shouta 'tsked'.

"I shouldn't be surprised. That boy... he has a tendency to forget himself in a fight. Shizuka... isn't too different, but at least she has more sense." He groaned. "They're going to give me a hell of a time, aren't they? And they're friends, too..."

Toshinori gave the injured teacher a somewhat knowing smile. He did, after all, train Miyuki and Izuku together. He, out of everyone, would know best what a handful they could be together — especially the green-haired boy.

"Yeah," All Might agreed. "They balance each other out well, though. Young Midoriya has a habit of looking down on his own abilities and is often in need of encouragement. Young Miyuki is like a big sister to him. She is there ready to support him at all times and correct him when necessary. When she herself overuses her power and is reminded of those that once called her villains, young Midoriya never fails to do the same."

"I see," Shouta mused. "You seem to understand their relationship very well... maybe even more than they do."

"Of course, they are my students," Yagi replied. Although, he did not miss the insinuation in Shouta's voice. "It is my job to pay attention to all aspects of their growth as heroes."

"If that is the case, then why the separatism?" Shouta asked. Toshinori looked at him, baffled.

" 'Separatism?' "

"Yes. You call your students 'Young Midoriya' or 'Young Todoroki.' Not once do you break from that pattern, except when it comes to Shizuka."

"O-Oh, I see what you mean..." He internally breathed a sigh of relief. "She does not enjoy being called by her family name. For personal reasons, I believe."