◆Chapter 77◇

It didn't make sense. It was there right in front of her, and yet -

This... feels too real...

Miyuki's fists shook as she pushed herself onto her knees, the tears cascading down her cheeks as she gazed up at the tall spike protruding through her father's chest.

When will I...

"Yuki-Chan!" Izuku shouted, his eyes blazing with fueled emotion as he rushed towards her and Sir Nighteye. Chisaki attacked her with another barrage of spikes. "Yuki-Chan!"

Izuku picked up his best friend seconds before they reached her, jumping back as Chisaki erupted a wall beneath them.

When will I... wake up from this?

"Even if you think you'll win," Chisaki stated, "no matter what powers you think you can overcome me with, you're powerless when faced with the death of those you love. It's you heroes' weakness. Just because you have Quirks... You're not invincible." His yellow eyes glinted as he looked towards Miyuki. "You'll all join him soon enough."

Miyuki went rigid as something within her finally shattered.

Chisaki broke down and sent another fissure of spikes towards them using his Quirk. His eyes widened, surprised, as they not only dodged them but broke through them - especially the half-and-half girl as she sliced them like melted butter with two bright katanas.

"You..." Miyuki said, her voice trembling slightly as she neared him. Chisaki narrowed his eyes at her. "What reason... do you have... to be so self-righteous?!"

There was nothing in her vision but red. As she swung her blades at Chisaki, he used his Quirk to create a wall and push her away - but his eyes widened when he suddenly felt a presence looming behind him. He turned around and Miyuki blasted him into the ground with her Quirk, a small crater appearing beneath him as he crashed. .

"Izuku..." Miyuki called, her cold gaze fixed on the villain trapped beneath her light blast. Izuku's eyes widened before narrowing as her light gradually became brighter and hotter. "Take Mirio-senpai and Eri-Chan... away from this place. I'll... I will...!"

"Yuki-Chan..." Izuku breathed, watching concernedly as tears streamed down her cheeks. Miyuki grit her teeth, ignoring the overbearing, painful heat coursing through her body as she pushed past her limits to keep Chisaki on the ground.

"I won't let him get past me!" She vowed. Sir Nighteye's gaze slowly drifted to his daughter. "Hurry!"

"Give it up!" Chisaki shouted, using his four arms to push back against Miyuki's Quirk. "It'll just end up like I said - you'll all die!"

"I won't let that happen!" Miyuki responded, jumping back as she avoided the spike that erupted beneath her. She landed beside Izuku.

"Even if that was already decided..." Izuku said, his body surrounded by the jade energy of One for All. "I'll twist that future!"

"Impertinent!" Chisaki said before sending a barrage of spikes towards them.

Izuku and Miyuki sped past his attacks faster than they did before. Using her shadows, Miyuki pulled Izuku out of the way of a spike, dodging it herself naturally with her speed. Her eyes flickered to Sir Nighteye and her heart squeezed painfully in her chest.

Papa!

She needed to get to him somehow - get him out of here and to a hospital right away. But she needed to deal with Chisaki first, and she knew doing so wasn't going to be easy. Just like hers, his Quirk enabled him to fight his opponents with both mid and long-range attacks.