◆Chapter 95◇

When she stepped out of the bathroom fully dressed in her pajamas, Miyuki's face heated up and she paused drying her hair with the towel as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

Since they began their work studies, the four students had been living on location at the agency. It was fully equipped with lodging facilities, allowing them to eat and spend more time with the Flaming Sidekickers, which she was grateful for despite missing Poncho's presence immensely.

She felt like she could've used it at that moment, too, as she felt her body flush with embarassment as she recalled her actions in the gym a short hour ago.

What was I thinking?! Miyuki panicked internally, bringing her knees to her chest. I wasn't - th-that's why! T-That was too unlike me!

She covered her mouth, her entire face warming up as she remembered the sensation of having her lips pressed so close to his mouth.

How could I have done such a thing? What did I think I was going to pull out of something like that?

Why the heck am I behaving like this all of a sudden? Where did that kind of confidence even spring up from?!

Have I ruined everything? Is this it?

Her heartbeat quickened. She lightly hit her cheek, trying to knock herself out of the muddled stupor she'd dragged herself into.

Stop it right now, Miyuki! Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop Stop! -

"Hey."

She froze, her hand hovering over her slightly pinkened cheek. Stiffly, like a block of ice, she turned around and met a pair of crimson eyes looking at her weirdly.

"H-Hi!" Miyuki responded quickly, fully facing the ash-blonde boy standing in her assigned room. "You're here!"

"What do you think you're doing?" Katsuki demanded as he walked over to where she was. He pulled up a nearby chair and sat in front of her, brows furrowing as he looked at her cheek. "You hallucinating or something?"

"What? No!" Miyuki replied, looking at him, flabbergasted by his suggestion. "I was just thinking about... something."

"You've been spending way too much time around Deku," he scoffed, almost indignantly as he thought of her and the green-haired boy together. He raised his hand and pressed his palm against the bruised cheek. "You've got a bad habit of not taking care of yourself when you're so keen on looking after others. It drives me crazy."

"I..." Miyuki trailed off, the tension in her shoulders dissipating as she looked into his eyes intently focused on her face. She pursed her lips, sighing as she rested her hand against his. "I suppose... you won't like what I'm about to tell you, then."

Katsuki frowned. She exhaled deeply, then launched into the narrative of all that had happened between her, Zin, and the Heroes Public Safety Commission since the time he'd been rescued from the villains' hideout.

He remained silent the whole time she spoke, and that only made her anxieties intensify as his expression hardly changed, either. Until she reached the part about what the president asked her to do, and the constant correspondence she'd been keeping with her brother as a result. Then, his face controted into its usual sour expression mixed with another emotion that sent shivers down her spine.

"You... willingly agreed to this?" Katsuki asked when she was done. Miyuki nodded, unable to meet his eyes as she heard the tightness in his voice. "With that psycho... who's hellbent on killing you..." he clenched his fist in his lap, his mind a hurricane of questions as he looked heatedly at the ground. But the only one that surfaced was, "Why?"