◆Chapter 118◇

Sasaki Miyuki. That was the name she chose to go by now. Before that, in a previous lifetime, of no volition of her own, she was Shizuka Miyuki.

Yet no matter what name she called herself, it was the names of the voices of those around her which carried the most weight into her identity.

That, she realized now, is what she chose for herself then - to listen to them.

'Demon,'

'Monster,'

'Wretch,'

'Evil incarnate,'

'Apex of Darkness.'

She was the bearer of a strange yet strong Quirk. Again, something she had no will in choosing. A half and half power of two antithetical, opposing elements converged in her to make the Quirk, Eclipse.

It was so chaotic.

People always remember what they hate and fear, she had learned. They feared the dark before they could see the light. No matter what they do, how old they become or where they go, in their hearts, they always fear the darkness. In her, despite her other half; no matter how bright she shone her light, the dark was all they saw in her. It followed her, this fraction of a Quirk so eagerly sought out by All for One, from the shrouded past she never knew...

"The eyes of the young woman you killed in that orphanage..."

I... I didn't...

"The one whose face you can't even see anymore..."

'Witch'

'Freak'

No... I'm not...

"...belonged to my precious little sister!"

...Full of darkness.

And into the bright and shining future she always hoped for.

"Sister...?!" Miyuki mumbled, eyes filling with horror.

The axe smashed into her jaw. She went flying across the street before crashing into a wall, blood sputtering from her mouth. The half-and-half girl clutched her stomach and crumpled to her knees, blood dribbling out of her mouth. Miyuki groaned, an agonising pain ripping through her side when she tried to stand up.

"S-Shoot..." she mumbled. Her arm flew to her chest and she winced when she touched it. So, it was just as she thought - some of her ribs were fractured.

Kasumi streaked towards her again and raised her axe over her head before bringing it down. Miyuki tumbled out of the way in time, falling onto her back. The axe came down on her again. She raised her shadows around her yet the weapon's impact caused her defenses to quiver.

"But, you know what, even after I learned about what happened..." Kasumi spoke, gritting her teeth as she applied more pressure. "...I still had to follow that man's orders. I still had to take you, my imouto-chan's murderer, into my home for all that time just so the world I wanted to make for her... where we could both be free to live as we wished, could come true. But what was the point of it all then?" Miyuki pushed back. "You were such an eyesore. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room as you. All I wanted was to reclaim justice against you, but All for One... denied me even that!"