◆Chapter 56◇

"It's so strange..." Tomura mused. He turned off the bar's TV before swivelling around on his stool to face their young captive. "Why are the heroes being criticised? The way they were dealing with things was just a little off mark."

Zin scoffed under his breath. He leaned against the wall, his eyes on Katsuki who was heavily restrained on the other side of the room. He glared at the boss, which was purely understandable. Weren't they trying to recruit him after all?

Although...

I don't like his eyes, Zin thought, scrunching his nose as he looked at Katsuki's face. He wondered if the pest would look like that, too, were she here - frustrated and scared.

"Is it because it's their job to protect?" Tomura continued. "Everyone makes a mistake or two."

The silver-haired young man scowled.

'Penumbra expansion: Eclipse!'

She'd bought herself all that time - and for what? To protect him? The boy was currently sitting in their hideout. They lost in the end. Not completely though, right? She wasn't here.

"Hey, what're you doin'?" Twice asked Zin as he appeared next to him.

"Nothing much," Zin replied, shrugging casually as he turned to look at Twice. "About to kill you for bothering me. Why?"

"Oh yeah? I'll kill you first first, Bean Pole!" Twice shouted at him, before his shoulders slumped and he put a hand on his chin. "If that girl from Shigaraki's list were here, we coulda used her to persuade this guy and we'd be done already. Don't you think, Zino?"

"No. You're too small-minded, Twice-chan," Zin answered with a sadistic smile, a small tick mark on his face. "If the brat were here, nothing would've changed."

"Why's that?"

"She wouldn't be alive if she were here." Zin's smile widened as he looked at him. "I would've killed her."

"What? That's not what Shigaraki plans to do with her!"

"Doesn't matter," Zin said coolly. "I wanna kill her."

"Dabi, release his restraints," Tomura told the black-haired youth, motioning towards Katsuki.

"Huh?" Dabi questioned, slightly taken aback. He turned to his boss. "He's gonna fight, you know."

"She's your sister, y'know, " Twice reminded Zin quietly, a brow raised with deep skepticism. "What do you want to kill her for?"

"She murdered our mother and my dad when I was a kid," Zin replied simply.

"Huh," Twice remarked. "What a girl. I can see why Shigaraki wants her."

"Yeah." Zin exhaled and the corner of his lips tugged higher. "It's a pity I'll never get to know her beyond that, though."

"Twice," Dabi called over his shoulder at the masked villain and he walked over to where he stood in front of the restrained student. "You do it."

"What? Me? No way!" Twice exclaimed, backing away just as quickly as he came.

"Zit," Dabi called next. "Take off his restraints."

Zin burst out laughing as he walked over, hands in his pockets. Dabi narrowed his eyes at him as the silver-haired youth eventually calmed down and looked down at Katsuki.

"Azula, I can't believe you're scared of this Ratface. I've got one over you now, don't I?" The silver-haired villain asked with a mocking smile, leaning against the back of Katsuki's chair. The ash-blonde boy glared at him over his shoulder. "Twice, stop wasting time already."