◆Chapter 23◇

Miyuki watched, agape, as Izuku flew over the competitions' heads. She had no idea how he'd done it, but he was a smart boy so she supposed he must have gathered landmines using that scrap of robo inferno and used it to blast himself into the air... kind of like Katsuki. 

He really inspires him, huh? 

And from the way he was now using the scrap of metal as a surfboard, Miyuki's eyes widened further when she realized he was also copying one of her moves – although not nearly as smoothly.

She brushed aside her flattery, however, when she realized her best friend wasn't slowing down and could easily surpass her at any moment. She tried speeding up, but quickly realized she was at her limit.

"Actually, Midoriya's taken over the second position!" Present Mic shouted. "He's now in hot pursuit for Shizuka's position! Go, go, Shizuka!"

"Deku!" Katsuki growled angrily. He finally stopped fighting Shoto and used his Explosive Quirk to fly into the air in pursuit of passing Izuku. "Don't go ahead of me!"

Shoto also gave up the fight and froze the ground to give him a safe pathway to the other side, not at all caring it also helped those coming up behind him. Miyuki yelped when she realized they were now all coming up behind her.

"Bakugou and Todoroki have stopped trying to slow each other down and are chasing Midoriya!" Present Mic exclaimed. "Now that they have a common enemy, they've stopped fighting! The fight's not over yet, though!"

"What are you saying?" Aizawa muttered, "Shizuka is still in first position."

Miyuki's brows knit together as she tried, one more time, and gave herself a boost of speed.

I can't settle for anything less now! Either first place or second place, you will not go for anything less, Miyuki!

When she looked over her shoulder, she saw Izuku's trajectory was starting to slow down and Katsuki and Shoto were back to being shoulder-to-shoulder on the ground. The Izuku was about to crash into the ground but spun in the air and swung the piece of metal down.

It smashed into the ground, detonating more landmines which caused another great pink blast that sent both Katsuki and Shoto askew mid-air while he flew and landed several feet ahead of her. Miyuki whipped her head around to see her friend was now just over a yard ahead of her. She exhaled, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

"Midoriya swiftly blocks those behind him!" Present Mic exclaimed. "Would you believe it? He cleared the minefield in an instant! He even surpassed Shizuka and has taken the lead!"

Miyuki didn't allow herself to slow down, though, as she now ran in order to at least maintain her position in second place. There was no way she was going to lose this race to either of those boys behind her - especially not to Katsuki.

I'll die before I let him win!  She resolved just as she heard them start chasing after her and Izuku. With what she could, she pushed on.

"Midoriya in the lead and Shizuka in second place! Todoroki and Bakugou not too far behind! Eraser Head, your class is amazing! What're you teaching them?!"

"I didn't do anything," Aizawa responded calmly. "They got each other fire up on their own."

Finally, Izuku, Miyuki, Katsuki, and Shoto cleared the minefield region and Miyuki boosted her speed as they entered the corridor that would take them back into the sports festival arena.

"U.A. sports festival, first year stage!" Present Mic shouted. "Not listening?! Who could've predicted the developments at the beginning, or this conclusion? Right now, the first person back in the stadium is that man, Midoriya Izuku!"