◆Chapter 49◇

During the next few days, U.A. saw its first semester coming to a close. It had only been a few months since they started school, but to Miyuki it felt like years had gone by – meeting Izuku and All Might, the Entrance exam, the fitness tests; the never-ending combat training exercises, the League of Villains attack, the sports festival, finding her father and the internships, Hosu city, the finals... so much had happened, and she was grateful for most of them.

Following the incident at Kiyashi Ward, Miyuki had been rather jumpy. She started helping her father lock up the house at night and keeping Poncho closer to her bedside. Now when she slept – on the nights she did – Miyuki  used her Quirk to create a small nightlight for herself, as if by doing so she was warding off Shigaraki hiding in the dark.

He soon found her in her dreams, too, and Mirai's concern for Miyuki multiplied when he woke up one night to find her double checking the locks.

Soon, she found herself sitting at the tatami table with her father, a steaming cup of valerian tea in front of her and Poncho fast asleep in her lap.

Miyuki never had a 'stalker' before, especially not one as dangerous as Shigaraki. Where did she even begin approaching such an issue? Her father, a pro hero, and herself lived in a house embedded with a security that was nothing below maximum.

"He won't reach you here, Yu-Chan," Mirai assured his daughter as she sipped the herbal drink.

"He already has," she responded quietly. Her eyes became half-lidded as the valerian began taking effect, yet she seemed to be fighting it. "Papa... he's inside my head... every time I close my eyes."

Beads of tears appeared at the edge of her eyes as she lay her head on the table and fell asleep.

Nothing broke his heart more than seeing his child endure such suffering – and knowing there was little he could do about it except stay by her side and watch over her, as an angel does over its charge, by her bedside while she rested through the night.

On the other hand, the girls of Class 1-A wanted nothing more than to see Miyuki smiling again, so they arranged to meet up with one another.

"We have to refrain from taking long trips over the summer?" Ochaco asked after Miyuki finished explaining.

"That's right," Miyuki confirmed. "The training camp is coming up, therefore we cannot be away for long. It's to the school's expectations we understand just how important this camp is."

"That's too bad," Momo spoke up, sighing and Miyuki turned to her. "I was supposed to go to Venice with my parents..."

"How bourgeois...!" Ochaco exclaimed and Miyuki quickly nodded her agreement, eyes wide.

"Aw, I bought a new swimsuit, too!" Mina said, pouting.

"It can't be helped," Kyoka spoke up. "We were attacked by the League of Villains before."

"Even so, I wanna play!" Mina exclaimed. "I wanna go somewhere!"

"Then, do you wanna meet up at the school pool over summer vacation?" Toru suggested.

"Yeah, if we're using the school pool, then I'm sure the teachers will give us permission," Tsuyu pointed and Miyuki tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"Good idea!" Ochaco quickly agreed. "Then, we won't have to spend any money, either."

"It's better than being cooped up at home," Mina said before turning to look at the half-and-half girl. "Miyuki-Chan, you should come, too! It'll be fun and you can get lots of sun, too!"

Miyuki looked at them, slightly surprised, before looking down at herself. Her skin was paler than usual due to her remaining indoors all day long. Plus, going outside meant she'd absorb more sunlight, which was good for her Quirk, right?