◆Chapter 15◇

One regeneration Quirk... another close combat one, and a teleportation Quirk...

Miyuki tossed her katana at the Nomu again, making sure to raise it to a higher temperature than last time. Telling from the way it reacted, it seemed to be averse to heat – Hers, anyway. She hoped this would slow it down, at the very least, as she mulled over the Quirks she was working against as well as how to take care of the measly thugs surrounding them.

She had to be fast.

It was far too risky for her to do alone, though, but she had to. Aizawa was in no condition to fight. If she could at least hold back the villains, allowing someone – one of her classmates – to take him away from there to get some medical care, that would be fine.

Miyuki opened her hand as she rushed towards the thugs. A cloud of smoky mist ascended from it and spiralled around her targets within a five meter radius and surrounded them in a thick, obscure fog.

"I-I can't see!"

"What is this stuff made of?!"

She put on her mask and rushed in, eyes illuminating through the cloudiness.

She had to do this carefully while keeping an eye on the Nomu. As of now, her katana remained burning brightly and embedded in its back. It let out a terrible roar as it groped for the blade.

The villains currently under her control had stiffened, but those outside the fumes wasted no time rushing in, hoping to catch her off-guard due to the thick obscurity and her glowing eyes that gave away her location at all times.

Miyuki didn't give them a chance.

The thugs that rushed in were blown back by a wave of light and went flying across the central plaza.

"Sleep," Miyuki whispered. Sighs soon came from around her as well as a few yawns. When she heard bodies drop, she opened her hand again and the mist came rushing back in.

"Weren't you leaving?" She asked Tomura once all the villains were knocked out. "The pro heroes are on their way. You and these distractions you call villains have overstayed your welcome."

"...Cute."

Miyuki tensed as he laughed. Her hold tightened around her katana.

Is this guy serious right now?

"You..." Tomura spoke up, his laughter dying down. "You're smart. You figured us out, didn't you? How cute of you... You're intelligent enough to remember me then, right?"

Miyuki's brows furrowed as she took in his face, trying to recall where she had ever seen this man, but nothing came to mind.

"Ah, I see," Tomura Shigaraki mused. "You looked so scared back then, I couldn't help but remember you. We're yet to be formally introduced, and when I saw you running away from me back there I was quite underwhelmed. It's not right, you know – such a powerful Quirk in the hands of someone as weak as you, Shizuka..."

She stiffened, panic rising in her chest.

H-How does he know my name?!

"It's unfortunate we had to meet again like this," Tomura continued, stepping forward. Miyuki raised her katana and threateningly pointed it at him. "I've had to study you pretty closely.

Shizuka Miyuki, a student enrolled in U.A. High's hero course. The villainous child found abandoned in the street, mercifully taken in by the charitable Shizuka family; the girl with such a villainous quirk assisted All Might with the Sludge villain." He seemed to spit out that last part. "But then... there's that blood on your hands, too..."