◆Chapter 108◇

Miyuki met Lady Nagant's purple stare a few kilometers away from where she stood. A cold chill ran down her spine as she recalled who this woman was - or rather, what Hawks had informed her she once was.

A former assassin of the HPSC, Miyuki thought tensely, and Hawks-San's former mentor, her Quirk, Rifle, allows her to shoot her targets within three kilometers of her... and she never misses.

She narrowed her eyes at the older female, realizing also she was one of the Tartarus escapees - and she said she was there to take her, too, so that could only mean she'd finally found a villain close enough to Zin.

Or rather, Lady Nagant found her.

"Girl in black," Lady Nagant spoke, loading her arm rifle once again. She took aim at the half-and-half girl. "I'm taking you with me. If I were you, I wouldn't move."

'If you ever encounter her, Sasaki-San... please run away as fast as you can.'

The corner of her lip curled slightly. Miyuki's hand emitted a soft white glow before her fingers twitched, causing Lady Nagant to narrow her eyes at her.

"You moved, didn't you?"

The half-and-half girl activated her speed as she ran away from the incoming projectile fired towards her. Lady Nagant's eyes widened with surprise when the bullet missed the girl by mere inches. Miyuki snatched back her key chain from the wall, stealing a glance over her shoulder at the female assassin.

She'd heard of her a long time ago when she was younger. Nagant was being arrested and taken to Tartarus for murdering her fellow pro hero in cold blood at the time, and as she looked at her now, she could see it in her expression, in her eyes -

They were those of someone who'd known Death for too long.

Miyuki pushed herself off a nearby building, flipping backwards over yet another curved bullet aimed towards her, causing it to strike the hard cement instead. Lady Nagant grit her teeth, and Miyuki could see from the frustration on her expression that she wasn't used to a target dodging her shots like this ever before. She supposed she could understand, since sharp shooters all over the country were envious of her sharp sniping skills.

But I won't let her shoot me down, the half-and-half girl thought as she used a bō shuriken to slow her descent down the side of a building. Since she couldn't use Sky Walk so well in the dark, Miyuki decided to keep moving using her speed as she jumped off the side of the building, moving in a zigzag motion in Nagant's direction.

If I can get closer to her, then I can end this quickly...

She activated her Transpara Goggles, not wanting to risk losing sight of the assassin for one moment.

...And I'll make her tell me where Akihiko is!

Miyuki's eyes widened in shock when a bullet streaked over her head from behind. She turned around as she moved, expecting to see Nagant behind her, only to see another bullet coming towards her as it curved around a building. She moved aside to dodge it, but too late, for the projectile's sharp fibers grazed her skin. She hissed out in pain.

"He said you were fast," Lady Nagant remarked. Miyuki's head snapped up to see the older woman making her way towards her on nothing but air, and her eyes widened when she saw the brief flashes of light beneath her feet. However, her shock was short-lived as she saw Nagant prepare another bullet. "But it looks like he overestimated you."

She was still a good kilometer away from her, far out of her reach with the buildings standing between them, and yet her bullet still managed to reach her. Miyuki could only guess it had something to do with her instinct rather than her prediction, because the closer she got to her, the more precise her attacks became.