◆Chapter 6◇

"Get out of my way... damn extra!"

"...E-Eh?"

BOOM!!

Miyuki closed her eyes and turned her face away from the flying parts of the annihilated three pointer. When the dust cleared, she opened them.

Katsuki casually kicked away what was left of the robot. There was a maniacal grin on his face.

"Tch."

He's enjoying this...?

Miyuki tried moving again. Her pinky flinched.

"Come on, get up..." She whispered, biting her lip as she forced the rest of her hand to move. "Get up and keep going! -"

"Time's up!"

An odd siren rang through Battle Center A, and probably the other centers, too, signifying the end of the exam.

"Man..." The tension left her body and Miyuki exhaled quietly. "I wish I got more points... but, hey..."

Katsuki was walking back, hands in his pockets.

"Thank you, for, uh..."

"Huh?" He glowered down at her. He scoffed before looking away and kept walking. Katsuki muttered something under his breath. Miyuki didn't catch it, though, and could only watch him leave before focusing again on escaping her paralysis.

She had hoped to avoid this. The last time this happened she was unable to move for half an hour, staring at nothing but the boarded ceiling of the garage. Ren and Kasumi were at work, so there was no one to help her when she called out. Not even from the neighbours.

Miyuki huffed, finally moving her hand.

This was going to take a while.

"Hey!"

She turned around. It was the electric boy from before!

"You're the girl that saved me," Denki said, crouching beside her. His eyes widened when he saw the shimmering cracks across her skin. "Whoa! Do you need help? Are you okay? What happened to you?"

"Yes, I'll be fine, and this was from overusing my quirk."

"In that case..." He slipped an arm around her waist then put her right arm over his shoulder, supporting half her weight. "Can you walk? Recovery girl is not far from here."