◆Chapter 78◇

Miyuki pulled on her grey U.A. blazer before turning around to fold the hospital pyjamas she'd left on her bed. She winced as she tried to move her arm and she sighed.

Even though Recovery Girl had done her best to heal her arm and collarbone from the injuries she sustained, a lot of tissue was still damaged and a scar formed. It went from her collarbone to her shoulder and she quickly found out moving with it wasn't easy.

She sat down on her hospital bed and began slowly folding the pyjamas in her lap. The rough texture of its material felt familiar to her hands. Even so, there wasn't an ounce of recognition in her eyes as she stared vacantly into the air.

"This is what I believe you are capable of achieving in your path towards becoming a hero who will one day be a shining beacon of hope."

She pursed her lips...

"We'll go there together one day."

And squeezed her eyes shut, suppressing the tears pricking at her eyes.

This isn't what he wanted, she reminded herself, swallowing the lump building in her throat. Miyuki raised her chin as she finished folding her pyjamas and her eyes landed on Mirai's polka dot tie neatly folded on her bedside table. She reached for it and caressed the soft material in her hands.

'A society without cheer and humor...'

Her mouth stretched into a gentle smile as she looked down at it. Her eyes drifted up to the mirror and, without realizing it, Miyuki hooked her fingers into the corners of her mouth and pulled it into a large grin.

Smile, Miyuki... Smile...

You're... going to be an amazing hero one day. The people need...

The people... need...

"Yuki-Chan?" Izuku called, knocking on her door. Miyuki jumped slightly and hurriedly removed her fingers from her mouth.

"Co-Come in," she answered. Izuku opened the door and stepped inside, a concerned expression on his face. Miyuki greeted him with her characteristic close-eyed smile. "Good morning, Izuku!"

"Good morning, Yuki-Chan..." her best friend responded, taken aback by her chipper tone. The half-and-half girl walked over to tie her hair, carefully placing her father's tie amongst her belongings. "Have you been discharged...?"

"Yeah, I have," she replied cheerfully. Miyuki glanced out of the corner of her eye at him and noticed the confusion and concern on his face.

"Yuki-Chan..." Izuku said and Miyuki seemed to understand what was going on. She walked over to him and held both of his hands, causing his cheeks to dust a light pink.

"I know," she said quietly, "what you might be wondering. I just lost my father and my mentor. I shouldn't be so high-spirited. But... even though he didn't show it to a lot of people, Papa was very cheerful. He loved being happy, and seeing the happiness of those around him. So, I..." she tugged the corners of her lips into a smile. "I must carry that on for him - for Eri-Chan, too. Speaking of, how is she? Is she awake yet? Are we still not allowed to visit her?"

"No, not yet," Izuku replied, frowning slightly. "I asked Aizawa sensei if we could stay until she wakes up, but he said that that wouldn't change anything if we did. Also, Yuki-Chan, there's something you should know... about Chisaki..." he trailed off, looking at her reluctantly.