◆Chapter 101◇

The air was thick with tension as Miyuki looked on, eyes wide with shock at hearing her brother's sudden declaration. More so, she was confused by it. Shigraki seemed to be, too, yet it was difficult to discern through his glare as he looked down at the semi-intact device in his hands.

'From now on... I'm the one in the lead.'

Why did Zin do that? Just what was he trying to do to the League right now?

What did it mean for her and the other heroes? She couldn't quite figure out if it was something he was doing to help them out even further or help the League and their army. It was hard for her to trust him, and even harder for her to try and figure him out.

Regardless of what his intentions or motives might be, Miyuki decided they would wait a little while longer, her body lighting up with her Quirk once more as she squinted her eyes at Shigaraki. Right now, she needed to make sure he was sufficiently dealt with before he used his Quirk again to destroy more of the city.

However, this time, Shigaraki raised his arm in time to block the bright punch Miyuki directed at his face. He pushed her back with more strength than he had before, resulting in a shock wave that nearly sent her flying out of the crater in which they stood. She refused to be taken out so easily, though, and used that momentum to propel herself back towards him with a jet of light.

"Persistent..." Shigaraki muttered, raising his hand and the hole in his palm shone a bright red as he prepared to take her power.

Yet a crippling pain darted through his head again, causing him to freeze as the voice from before returned. This presence... it was louder than before - like a giant fist pounding against his skull, he couldn't -

"Solar Arc!"

Miyuki's kick smashed the place where Shigaraki once stood. Quickly, she turned her glowing eyes to the villain as he skidded to a stop a few feet away from her. He doubled over and exhaled shakily.

"What was that just now?" Shigaraki muttered, the remote cluttering to the ground as he clutched his throbbing head. "Hey, Yuki-Chan, what did you do to me? Is this... another one of your cruel tricks? Some new part of your Quirk...?" He seemed to sway unsteadily as he straightened himself. "I only want your blood... What the hell is... One... For All?"

Miyuki's gut twisted, her eyes widening as she heard the name of her best friend's Quirk fall from his lips.

How... How does he know about that?!

"Shigaraki!"

Endeavour appeared in the sky like a blazing star as he soared down towards Shigaraki and Miyuki. The villain's eyes drifted to the sky before falling back on the girl in front of him.

"Man... the number one hero right after I get a message like that?" He questioned darkly. "Now I'm mad. Is this your hero come to save you? No, that look on your face isn't that of someone expecting to be saved... At least, not by him..." He tilted his head as he regarded her. "Who's your saviour, Yuki-Chan?"

Before she could fully comprehend the blood-curdling smile on his face, Endeavour unleashed a jet of flames towards them, blanketing them in a field of fire.

"Hell's curtain!"

The smile on Shigaraki's face never dropped as he looked up at the number one hero, believing his attack to be a farce. There was just no way he would unleash such power with his student standing so close to him -