◆Chapter 43◇

Shortly after the Hosu incident, Miyuki underwent surgery that left her wearing a cast on her right arm only. Due to the light nature of her injuries, she was released from the hospital to return to her internship a few hours after Shoto had already gone and returned to his with Endeavour.

"Miyuki-Chan!" Bubble Girl greeted excitedly when the half-and-half girl stepped through the front doors. "Welcome back!"

"Welcome back, Miyuki-Chan!" Centipeder greeted as well.

"Thank you both!" Miyuki responded with a small smile as she bowed in gratitude to the two sidekicks.

"Onee-San!"

She straightened herself in time to see Mirio enter the room. He rushed towards her and Miyuki squeaked in surprise when she suddenly felt her feet lift off the ground.

"You're finally back!" He shouted jovially as he spun her around. "I feel like I haven't seen you in such a long time! But it's only been a few hours, right? What happened to you back in Hosu, Onee-San?"

"Mirio-Kun, I don't think she's comfortable..." Bubble Girl pointed out to the glowing third year. Mirio looked down and his eyes widened with surprise when he saw Miyuki's face was now a pale blue.

"Miyuki-Chan, are you feeling all right?" Mirio questioned. He put Miyuki back on her feet.

"Ye-Yeah," she assured him with a smile, feeling the churning in her stomach settle down. "No need to worry! I hurt myself a bit back in the city, but I will heal quickly."

"I'm glad," Mirio said with a wide smile. "Sir would like to see you in his office, by the way. He said you should head over there as soon as you get back."

"Thank you, Mirio-senpai," Miyuki breathed, feeling a small weight leave her chest and anticipation take its place as she looked forward to seeing her father. She thought he might have been out on a mission.

Miyuki made her way from the ground floor up to her temporary room. There she put away the belongings sent to her by her dad before leaving her room towards Sir Nighteye's office. As she did, she texted with her friends who were online at the moment, asking after them and their internships. She texted Izuku, too, since he was still bedridden at the hospital back in Hosu and was also online.

I hope he feels better soon, she thought and her eyes glanced over Katsuki's name in her messages. She'd sent him another text while she was on the train coming back. He hadn't replied to it nor had he replied to the one she sent yesterday either - even though he'd seen them.

Miyuki sighed before putting her phone away. She guessed he wasn't interested in speaking with her - that, and she concluded he was a very bad texter. Next time she'd just call him instead.

The half-and-half girl stopped at Sir Nighteye's office door and knocked gently. When she heard a voice telling her to come in, she opened it and stepped inside.

"H-Hi, Oto-San," Miyuki greeted shyly as she walked in. She hoped she wasn't interrupting him. "You wanted to see me...?" Her eyes drifted to the All Might posters on his office walls before landing on Sir Nighteye, sitting at his desk in the middle of it all.

Now that she was properly taking it in, it looked a lot like an Otaku's room.

"Yes, I did," her father replied coolly. He took off his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose. It was then Miyuki noticed how tense his expression was, although his features gave nothing away except from his eyes.