◆Chapter 93◇

Upon their return to U.A. from their hero work recommendation project on Nabu island, Miyuki was glad to return to their home at Heights Alliance.

Miyuki made her way to the teachers' dorms to pick up Poncho shortly after unpacking her bags and the puppy was all too glad to see her, too, leaping from Eri's arms back into his owner's. The younger girl was sad to see the puppy go, but Mirio assured her she could see him any time she wanted.

Shortly afterwards, the half-and-half girl made her way to Recovery Girl's office to get her injuries checked. The healing hero informed her that most of her wounds had healed and her heart was fine, too. When she was discharged from the nurse's office, Miyuki headed back to her dorm building where she decided to settle down for the evening.

The building was oddly quiet and the common area on the first floor was shrouded in darkness as all the lights had been turned off. As she switched to her indoor shoes in the genkan, Miyuki thought everyone must've gone to bed early, which was understandable. Not only had they just returned from what felt like a lengthy trip, but it was New year's eve. The next day, everyone would be heading home to spend the first day of the new year with their families.

Miyuki smiled to herself as she made her way through the dark living room towards the girls' elevator, Poncho fast asleep in her arms.

Even though she wouldn't be able to leave UA to spend the holiday with anyone, she was still glad, for she would get to spend the day with Aizawa and Eri. The games she had planned for her and the younger girl were all ones she enjoyed playing as a child, and she couldn't wait to teach them to her.

I hope it snows tomorrow, too, Miyuki thought hopefully as she pressed a button on the wall beside the elevator. Then we can play snow games and make snowmen together, too -

BOOOM!

"Miyuki-Chan!"

Miyuki whipped around at the shrill voice calling out to her and her eyes widened with concern when Denki and Kyoka appeared out of seemingly nowhere running towards her covered in bruises and their clothes slightly torn. They looked fresh out of a fight - but against who?

"Kaminari-Kun, Jiro-Chan, what's going on?" She asked, her voice filled with urgency as she jogged up to them. "Why do you look like this? What has happened?"

"Oh, Miyuki-Chan!" Denki gasped, doubling over beside Kyoka. "It's... it's too terrible! Everything - it came so suddenly, out of nowhere a-and so fast! W-We didn't react in time and now - everyone! Oh man, this is so bad! O-Outside, on the r-rooftop!-"

"Quit it with that, idiot, you're confusing her!" Kyoka shouted, smacking the back of Denki's head. The blonde short-circuited temporarily as he clutched one of his injuries. "But Sasaki-Chan, it really is bad! Everyone, they're -"

"They're still out there!" Denki howled from his position on the ground. "We came as fast as we could, but - you have to help them!"

"Take me there right now!" Miyuki demanded.

After pulling Denki back to his feet, Kyoka, he, and Miyuki rushed into the boys' elevator and Kyoka pressed the button to take them to the topmost floor, the rooftop. The half-and-half girl's anxiety bubbled within her chest and her muscles became more and more taut with tension as the elevator climbed past each floor.

That explosion she heard just now must've come from the rooftop. What was going on? Had Zin finally made good on his promise - had he come and decided to attack her and her classmates when he knew they'd all be the most vulnerable during this holiday period?