◆Chapter 69◇

Soon, after the outdoor ceremony, Miyuki and the others returned to class for their homeroom class. Although, when she sat down, her posture was a bit more slumped than usual as her mind kept going back and forth to the empty seats behind and in front of her.

She straightened when the door slid open and Aizawa entered and, greeting his class, his place at his teacher's desk.

"Okay, then, we'll be continuing regular classes starting today," he informed them. "A lot of unprecedented things happened, but you'll need to switch gears and focus on your duties as students. We'll be staying inside the classroom today, but this semester, you'll have even harsher training than before."

"He's not talking about..." Mina whispered.

"What's that, Ashido?" Aizawa questioned, his eyes glowing a dangerous red.

"I haven't felt this in a while!" Mina shrieked.

"I'm sorry, but can I ask a question?" Tsuyu inquired, raising her hand. "Can you tell us what the 'hero work studies' that came up earlier during the opening ceremonies are about?"

"Oh yeah, the principal said something about that," Hanta said.

"I was wondering as well," Fumikage stated.

"He said it was something many of the upperclassmen are engaged in..." Momo pointed out.

"I was planning to talk more about those at a later date, but..." Aizawa informed, "I guess telling you guys now is more logical. To put it simply, they're hero activities outside of school. Like the internships you did under heroes before... only closer to the real thing."

"Oh, there was a system like that?" Ochaco muttered. His words continued to process through her mind until - "Then why did I work so hard at the sport's festival?!"

"That's true," Tenya agreed. "If we have work studies, then those who didn't get scouted at the sport's festival would have paths open up for them."

"Now, calm down," Rikido told Ochaco gently, who was really freaking out. "You're not being yourself."

"But! -" Ochaco protested.

"The hero work studies use the scouting from the sport's festival as connections," Aizawa explained, cutting in. "This isn't part of a class, but an activity done at the discretion of the student. So those who weren't scouted at the sport's festival would have a hard time lining one up to begin with. Originally, individual agencies recruited on their own, but there were many complications with trying to get U.A. students to join, so it ended up being like this. If you understand, sit down."

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions..." Ochaco said apologetically as she retook her seat.

"Now that you have your provisional licences," Aizawa continued, "you can assist in more real ways for longer periods of time. But there haven't been many cases where first years have received their provisional licences. With the increased activity of villains,we are currently thinking seriously about your participation.

Well, we'll have you hear more of what it's like and explain in further detail at a later date. We've got our own circumstances to consider. Well then, sorry to keep you waiting, Mic."

"First period is English!" Present Mic exclaimed as the door slid open and he entered the classroom. "In other words, my time! It's been an age since I stood on this stage! Did you miss me, bro?" Aizawa left the classroom, leaving them to their lesson. "We've got a lot to cover today! Let's fire it up! Yeah!"

And so the rest of their day went from there.

When lunch time rolled around, Miyuki parted ways with her classmates, none of them aware of where she was going as she made her way down the hallway with the lunch she packed for herself.